probably a practice squad guy
Steelers got another David Johnson. Well atleast i called this pick correctly.
Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE
Maybe this guy will play better than David Johnson
There is always one head scratcher. At least we are not Stains fans. They always leave you wondering.
Steel City Mafia
So Cal Boss (Ret)
My son's first Kansas Turkey!
This is my least favorite pick.
1. We didn't need a TE. We have Heath, Pope, and Saunders. At H-back we have DJ and the kid from WVU. With Paulson and a few cats we signed to futures contracts or former PS guys, we now have like 9 TEs for training camp. We really could use more competition at WR, OL, and DB.
2. He is a finesse player with no speed. He does have good body control and hands (I've seen him make some incredible catches). He is on the smaller side.
3. There were much better players on the board.
4. Where does he play? He is a little slow to use as a slot TE, too weak to play inline, not explosive enough to play h-back/FB.
5. He is not a project (does not have a high ceiling). I like 7th round project picks. Clemons is a good example. He has some NFL skills and needs to develop others to succeed. By taking a chance on him, we have a potential impact player to develop. Paulson, not so much.
Last edited by steelblood; 04-29-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.