Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Rainey - Woooohooooo!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    There is a big difference between isolated examples of not being happy with how a player is used and a continual pattern of incompetence. Please stop generalizing the blind disdain the masses have for any OC we have ever had and quit trying to take away an intelligent fan's ability to form an independent opinion. You're good in my book Sug, but this opinion and its' ilk are totally lame.
    "Blind disdain." That about says it right there. BTW- I'm not taking anything from anyone. Fans are always looking for a boogeyman if things don't go the way they dream up in their minds. We see it all the time, so what I've said seems uncontroversial to me.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yup...got the Cube, got him some weapons, got him some protection, and got him an offensive coordinator with an IQ higher than a beagle...no excuses for sub-par offensive performance.
    Okay, to play Al Pacino here, some could say that implementing a new system takes time and there may be some growing pains early in the season (especially if we play rookies like Adams).
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Okay, to play Al Pacino here, some could say that implementing a new system takes time and there may be some growing pains early in the season (especially if we play rookies like Adams).
    I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the $#!% kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time. Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've &!$$@% away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the #&@%!^$ difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?