Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Grades So Far

Starter

User Info Menu

This draft has been unreal.

Never thought the O-line would get fixed the way it did.

Gilbert-DeCastro-Pouncey-Foster-Adams.

Just can't stop salivating on my self.

This Spence kid looks to at least have a shot to make the pract. squad. Hopefully he can stick there for a bit and secure a spot later.

Just another superb job by the FO!

Can't wait to see the booty from day 3.

Here We Go!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    apparently Adams was wiling to forfeit his signing bonus for a year and a half if a team would sign him. shows at least some motivation to correct past failings. it is a risky pick but not Kugs is the man to coach him up.
    NOTES -- Metz disputed an ESPN report that he and Adams offered to postpone a signing bonus for a year and a half to prove he could remain drug free. ... Per post gazette article

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    apparently Adams was wiling to forfeit his signing bonus for a year and a half if a team would sign him. shows at least some motivation to correct past failings. it is a risky pick but not Kugs is the man to coach him up.

i like the fact he insisted on meeting with the steelers brass after the news of his fialed drug test.

colbert told him he was off their board and he convinced them to take a look at him

thats gotta say something

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Not the point. The guy used to be a GM and several other analysts have pointed out our draft specifically. Kurt Warner, Billick being two of the most recent I've seen since getting home from being out a bit. Adams in the second round was tremendous value. Hell he was one of the few that Mayock mentioned having the feet and athleticism to play left tackle. Most the others he had pegged as guards or right tackles.
    Snatch you don't have to an expert to look at some game film and watch Adams getting abused over and over again. This isn't rocket science. Experts fell in love with his measureables...period. It wasn't based on consistent play. You guys will see what I'm talking about soon enough.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i like the fact he insisted on meeting with the steelers brass after the news of his fialed drug test.

colbert told him he was off their board and he convinced them to take a look at him

thats gotta say something
    Yes, it says...mike tried to get away with smoking pot before the combine...thought it was out of his system and was caught. He did damage control.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

yeah

but that doesnt mean the steelers had to buy it.

something went on in that meeting to change their minds and put him back on their board

Backup

User Info Menu

The fact that he said he always wanted to be a steeler means alot to me. To be off our board and his desire to not only get back on it but to be selected shows a desire to me. Hopefully he has the talent to be a steeler. These 1st two picks will make our whole team better,improve our run game and allow Miller to run more routs. Have to love what the steelers are doing this off season with the removal of Arians the hireing of Haley and fixing of the line.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Shawn - did you have this guy as a "hold your nose and take him" first rounder at some point in your mock drafts? I totally respect your draft knowledge (much better than mine) and definitely your observations on OSU talent but I'm hoping to un-wrap a good cigar with you at some point in the next two years with us having one of the baddest oline's in the league.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think it was jay glazer via twitter who reported that Adams agent said that that speculation was "not true"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Pertaining to the signing bonus