Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Grades So Far

Legend

User Info Menu

Draft Grades So Far

1. Decastro - A++++++++++++++++++++++ - Somehow he fell in our laps. We did the right thing and took him. But gotta give the extra +'s cause other silly GMs passed on him. Thank you to the 23 teams that passed.

2. Adams - C - He's got a LT body, but worries me he'll end up being another Trai Essex. I was gonna give him a D, but kudos for stepping up and visiting the team and getting back on the draft board. Seems the kid might have a little drive beyond his lackluster on field performance I've seen. Can he put in the work to make it work? This pick was a dice roll.

3. Spence - A+ - This kid is a highlight reel. So productive. Such a hustler. He's gonna be a perfect fit for us to handle the new passing era of the NFL. This kid reminds me of the way Larry Foote played in college but with much more athleticism. Both are smallish, but have uncanny instincts on the field. Spence has a different game speed than Foote. And I've always thought if Foote only had size or speed, he'd be the perfect LB. Spence might be what I've always wanted in Foote. Just that little extra athleticism.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    1. Decastro - A++++++++++++++++++++++ - Somehow he fell in our laps. We did the right thing and took him. But gotta give the extra +'s cause other silly GMs passed on him. Thank you to the 23 teams that passed.

2. Adams - C - He's got a LT body, but worries me he'll end up being another Trai Essex. I was gonna give him a D, but kudos for stepping up and visiting the team and getting back on the draft board. Seems the kid might have a little drive beyond his lackluster on field performance I've seen. Can he put in the work to make it work? This pick was a dice roll.

3. Spence - A+ - This kid is a highlight reel. So productive. Such a hustler. He's gonna be a perfect fit for us to handle the new passing era of the NFL. This kid reminds me of the way Larry Foote played in college but with much more athleticism. Both are smallish, but have uncanny instincts on the field. Spence has a different game speed than Foote. And I've always thought if Foote only had size or speed, he'd be the perfect LB. Spence might be what I've always wanted in Foote. Just that little extra athleticism.
    I wasn't on the Adams wagon predraft but I'm still trying to figure out why people are having such a hard time getting behind the pick. He's proven he's able to get past the off field "issues" and he had a first round grade from A LOT of outlets. Trai Essex NEVER had a first round grade so it's not a fair comparison.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the Steelers said they had a first round grade on Trai. I really don't mind the off field stuff with Adams. These guys are young. No big deal really. I'm ok giving a young guy a second chance. I just don't see the on field potential that others are seeing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think the Steelers said they had a first round grade on Trai. I really don't mind the off field stuff with Adams. These guys are young. No big deal really. I'm ok giving a young guy a second chance. I just don't see the on field potential that others are seeing.
    Casserly on NFL network not long ago said he was the "best value" in the second round.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Casserly on NFL network not long ago said he was the "best value" in the second round.
    I feel a bit better the more positive I hear. I've only seen him a couple times. And was never overly impressed. Hopefully some that have seen more of him are right and I'll gladly be wrong.

He looks like he has the right build and decent feet. And I can't pinpoint what I thought was lacking. Maybe will, heart, strength, desire? I guess he looked to me like a guy that's naturally gifted and doesn't have to work hard and does the minimum to get by.

Hope Casserly is right. Plus lining him up next to a Decastro could make his job a piece of cake.

Legend

User Info Menu

Then it must be true.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Then it must be true.
    Not the point. The guy used to be a GM and several other analysts have pointed out our draft specifically. Kurt Warner, Billick being two of the most recent I've seen since getting home from being out a bit. Adams in the second round was tremendous value. Hell he was one of the few that Mayock mentioned having the feet and athleticism to play left tackle. Most the others he had pegged as guards or right tackles.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wasn't on the Adams wagon predraft but I'm still trying to figure out why people are having such a hard time getting behind the pick. He's proven he's able to get past the off field "issues" and he had a first round grade from A LOT of outlets.
    How has he proven that he's beyond his off field troubles? All he's shown is that he can pulled the wool over the Steeler brass' eyes. Not saying he's not sincere; just saying that all it is is words to this point. He hasn't proven a thing.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    How has he proven that he's beyond his off field troubles? All he's shown is that he can pulled the wool over the Steeler brass' eyes. Not saying he's not sincere; just saying that all it is is words to this point. He hasn't proven a thing.
    He's proven he's willing to put forth the effort to get back in the good graces of the Steelers brass you seem to doubt with this one. His off the field "troubles" aren't really "troubles" in my opinion either. One was the BS "tattoo gate" and the other is weed. Marvel Smith also had the "weed bug" and he turned out just fine when he anchored the left side of our line before his back quit on him. I'm not worried about Mike Adams and apparently the Steelers aren't either. A TON! of value in round 2, much like Woodley which everyone wanted to doubt when we drafted him in the 2nd.

Legend

User Info Menu

apparently Adams was wiling to forfeit his signing bonus for a year and a half if a team would sign him. shows at least some motivation to correct past failings. it is a risky pick but not Kugs is the man to coach him up.