User Info Menu

please remove hood.

he has done nothing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    please remove hood.

he has done nothing.
    Disagree as usual. He has been solid playing a thankless position in LeBeau's scheme which under utilizes DL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lol.

he has been mr. invisible.

terrible fit as 34 DE, not really his fault, i guess.

but blame lebeau, per the usual.

Legend

User Info Menu

In all fairness Kiesel did squat his first few years

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    In all fairness Kiesel did squat his first few years
    Keisel did less than Hood, to be honest. In fact- can anyone name a Steeler DE that has done more than Hood in his first 3 seasons over the last 20 years?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Keisel did less than Hood, to be honest. In fact- can anyone name a Steeler DE that has done more than Hood in his first 3 seasons over the last 20 years?
    I did research this in the past, and I know Aaron Smith made a significant impact by the end of his 3rd year. Truth be told, we haven't really drafted guys to fill this role, at least that I can remember. Donald Evans, Ray Seals, Kimo, Nolan Harrison...

I'm with Eddie. You expect a first-rounder to do more than be a body... I still have hope though, that he'll emerge this year into a stud. As I type that, I realize how much of a long-shot that is. I think even his supporters would agree with that. (Guys typically don't wake up and start dominating in their 4th year.)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Hood is very strong and takes on blockers, neutralizes them and the linebackers clean up. I Steelers have a top-defense and Hood plays a significant role. He makes an occasional individual play. I think he has done his job well thus far. I expect him to get better in the next few years. Guys who stray outside of the defense and try to make a lot of indiviidual plays can hurt more than they help. Hood is very cognizant of that, so he played in a constrained way.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wonder what it will look like if Hood goes to NT with Heyward & Keisel as his wingmen.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 04-28-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Wonder what it will look like if Hood goes to NT with Heyward & Keisel as his wingmen.
    That could be why they have not yet targeted a NT in this draft.. I kind of expected it in the 3rd. If no NT in the 4th, then the FO must have another plan (e.g. Hood) or be really happy w/ Mclendon
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.