Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ILB Sean Spence Miami 3rd round pick

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I believe Sean ran a 4.56
    They posted it as 4.71 on NFL Network and...

Combine Invite: Yes
    Height: 5113
    Weight: 231
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.71
    20 Yrd Dash:
    10 Yrd Dash:
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 12
    Vertical Jump: 33 1/2
    Broad Jump: 09'11"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.28
    3-Cone Drill: 7.46

Dates: 03/08/12
    Height: 5113
    Weight: 231
    40 Yrd Dash:
    20 Yrd Dash:
    10 Yrd Dash:
    225 Lb. Bench Reps:
    Vertical Jump:
    Broad Jump:
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.33
    3-Cone Drill: 7.08

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...012&genpos=OLB

But I hope I am wrong and you are right on this one.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    He's obviously smaller than we are used to- but so was Timmons. He's fast- 4.56 is more the mark than 4.7, quick, and a playmaker.

He also was a team leader- which we'll need going forward. And while he only did 12 reps of 225lbs at the Combine- he did it hurt, which tells Chadman that he doesn't hide from adverse situations.

Dude is a PLAYER, and will play ILB.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

about time we got a player from The U.

special teams contributor right off the bat.

I think they drafted him exclusively for ILB. He just needs James Harrison to show him the weight room

Miami linebacker Sean Spence raises eyebrows with weak bench

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 27, 2012, 1:38 PM EDT
    APThe list of the weakest players on the bench press at this year’s Scouting Combine starts with seven wide receivers, and then a player who sticks out like a sore thumb: Miami linebacker Sean Spence.
    Spence managed to put up just 12 repetitions at 225 pounds, which is perfectly good for a typical guy working out at a local gym, but not good at all for an NFL linebacker. NFL Network’s Mike Mayock said Spence’s performance was troubling.
    “This one bothers me because I loved this kid as a player,” Mayock said. “A 231-pound linebacker with instincts and speed. Come on. Have you been in the weight room? I don’t get that.”
    In his session with the media, Spence acknowledged that his biggest problem on the field is getting off blocks, but he said teams that watch him on tape will see that he has elite speed.
    “I think I’m a three down linebacker, very fast, I can go sideline to sideline,” Spence said. “I’m a smart, very instinctive player. I’m going to play hard. I’m a leader. I lead by example, and most of all I make plays.”
    The good thing about a weak upper body is it’s something that can be improved with hard work in the weight room. But NFL teams will wonder why Spence hasn’t already done that hard work in the weight room.

How in the hell is he 5'11" and 231 lbs and not already living in the weight room? Is he all biceps and legs? Does he have a giant but?

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Does he not compare to Kendricks? Which some wanted here.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Does he not compare to Kendricks? Which some wanted here.
    Well, they are both short, athletic and run well. But, Kendricks is much stronger and fights through traffic better.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by blitz71burgh View Post
    That dude is small, but he explodes into his tackles. Impressive highlight reel.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

Legend
    Love the Spence pick. It's a progressive pick. This is the new prototype ILB - more of a safety/LB hybrid with athleticism that can be more effective in this new pass happy NFL. Farrior not being able to keep up with anyone in coverage was getting tiring.

I have to admit, I was concerned we'd end up with Hightower who I see as a 2 down LB of a past era.

All in all a good first 2 days.