Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams

Legend

User Info Menu

I watched him for four years. Dominating when motivated.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wrong thread..
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

First, I'm happy we're addressing the O-line. Second, Adams is a solid pick as long as he stays away from the medical marijuana.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I watched him for four years. Dominating when motivated.
    And how often was that? I mainly remember him getting used like a turnstile.

Adams has as much natural talent as any OLman in this draft. But, he did nothing but get in trouble and disappoint. I don't believe he loves football, and I don't believe he should be allowed to carry Flozell's jock strap.

Eddie said classic boom or bust...and that is dead on. He has a lot to prove before I will be on board with this pick even in the second. I cant deny his talent, and maybe just maybe the Steelers can light that fire.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I could have sworn I read somewhere the Steelers had checked into some of the rumors about suppossed character issues (including the pot test at the combine) and came away with no issues. Obviously they were not deterred.
    He was suspended for knuckleheadedness. Then he tests positive for pot at the combine...again like a knucklehead. There are no signs this guy takes the game seriously. There are no signs he has grown up. And I bet I have seen more of Adams than any Steeler scout. Comparing him to Flozell is a joke. Who in the heck said that?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mayock

"Adams would've been a first-round pick had he not failed the drug test at the combine. He's got left-tackle feet. There's some off-the-field issues, but he's a gifted left tackle. Now with him and David DeCastro in the first round, this is a completely different offensive line."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    He was suspended for knuckleheadedness. Then he tests positive for pot at the combine...again like a knucklehead. There are no signs this guy takes the game seriously. There are no signs he has grown up. And I bet I have seen more of Adams than any Steeler scout. Comparing him to Flozell is a joke. Who in the heck said that?
    FLOZELL ADAMS? That is truly pie in the sky if you ask me.

I've made the comparison of Mike Adams, to Winston Justice of USC. And for those who remember him, Trezelle Jenkins from Michigan. Both those guys were just like Adams in stature, and both snuck into the end of Rd 1 due to their "physical ability". However, both were SOFT as Charmin, and both fizzled out in the pros... actually, fizzle isn't a correct term, because that would indicate they did something.

Both those guys lacked the fire, the competitive, and the mental wherewithall to succeed in the NFL. I think Adams is just like them.

Legend

User Info Menu

What does Maylock base that opinion on? An average half of a senior year and a good senior bowl?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Everyone settle down...I'm sure he'll be just as productive as the other 2nd round steals, A. Jackson and L. Sweed....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Adams has as much natural talent as any OLman in this draft.
    And this is why he was taken #56 overall. Come on Shawn, I know you don't like the kid, but this is great value in the 2nd round.