Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm mixed on this pick. I'm more concerned that he looks like a project more than his off field issues.

Hopefully we can get Max back for a year and see if we can ease this kid in. Could be a nice pick in the 2nd. Or could just be a big Trai Essex.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Take it or leave it with Casserly but it's late and I'm still awake watching NFL network. He just finished saying that Adams is the best value pick in the 2nd round. He then went on to say that he had a first round grade on him even with the "issues". I love the pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Great value? Not in my book. I would rather have a guy with ok talent but heart and motor over a block head with unreal talent and no motivation to be anything other than serviceable.
    You win with talent, not just with heart.

Legend

User Info Menu

You win with talent that strives to excel...not strives to inhale.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legursky is all heart & he just got replaced by DeCastro....

Adams gets a lot of 'hate' because he's not a finished product & acts pretty dumb. While those two things can be annoying- they are not deal breakers. Adams CAN play & he has the physical talents to be the 2nd best LT in this draft. Put some faith in the coaches to get him playing at or near his best level.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

I think what some of you don't understand is having to put up with him as an OSU fan. Suspended two different seasons, drug charges, then a failed drug screen...turnstile play...all while being told he was one of the best talents to come out of high school. Can the guy play? Yup. Does he? He can't seem to put together more than a game or two without utterly frustrating me.

So I surely hope my years of waiting will pay off. I hope he is the next Orlando Pace. But, right now all I can think of is...wow I wish him and his drama went elsewhere.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think what some of you don't understand is having to put up with him as an OSU fan. Suspended two different seasons, drug charges, then a failed drug screen...turnstile play...all while being told he was one of the best talents to come out of high school. Can the guy play? Yup. Does he? He can't seem to put together more than a game or two without utterly frustrating me.

So I surely hope my years of waiting will pay off. I hope he is the next Orlando Pace. But, right now all I can think of is...wow I wish him and his drama went elsewhere.
    I'd say driving to the Steelers facility to explain and completing everything that was asked of him to get back on the draft board is a step in the right direction. Also deferring his signing bonus for 18 months to ensure he remains clean. Also the one suspension i still say is complete and utter BS with "tattoo gate".

Starter

User Info Menu

Damn, this is a buzz killer. I respect you assessment especially since you follow the team. I used to go right to youtube to see the highlights but now I go right to the college boards to get the real feel for the player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well JJ, there are Buckeye fans happy with this pick so I don't speak for the buckeye nation. From a talent perspective, I don't think Kalil is any better. Adams is raw unpolished talent. It's everything else I worry about. He is certainly an upgrade over Foster and Legs, so if the Steelers are willing to move Colon inside and Adams at RT it won't be awful.

IF the Steelers can get this guys head screwed on straight, and develop his talent, they will look like geniuses. But my concern is that he will bring drama to this team, and try to half azz his way through the NFL.
    Trolls are people too.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Adams is not nearly as bad as some make him out to be...

Getting a first round talent in the second round is a very good thing...it will all depend upon how this experience has helped him to mature...