Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams

Legend

User Info Menu

Great value? Not in my book. I would rather have a guy with ok talent but heart and motor over a block head with unreal talent and no motivation to be anything other than serviceable.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

But Shawn you have to admit at #56 this could be great value. And if I am not mistaken they do a hair sample drug text. And THC can be in your system for like 10 years. It doesnt mean he recently got high or did at or near the combine. I could be wrong.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Great value. Hope he can get his head right and be an adult going forward. Love the OL potential. Haley will look like a hero because the biggest liabilities we had on offense are now on the bench...Foster and Legursky.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Per Kaboly tweets. Adams is on conference call now. Steelers are only team Adams called for a face to face interview. Steelers are the only team he reached ot to after learning of his positive drug test from combine. Adams about being off the board, for him that was really hard to deal with. I wanted to go to Steelers since Day 1. Grew up in Farrell and was always a Steeler fan. "I believe I'm the best tackle in the draft". some of the stuff so far.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Per Kaboly tweets. Adams is on conference call now. Steelers are only team Adams called for a face to face interview. Steelers are the only team he reached ot to after learning of his positive drug test from combine. Adams about being off the board, for him that was really hard to deal with. I wanted to go to Steelers since Day 1. Grew up in Farrell and was always a Steeler fan. "I believe I'm the best tackle in the draft". some of the stuff so far.
    Go prove it kid!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wasn't Holmes also a Buckeye who grew up a Steelers fan and had a pot problem? Not saying that Adams will be as good for us as Santonio was, but I thought some of the similarities were interesting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here is a sample of the beauty that is Adams. Let's watch him against Mercilus.

Adams is having a pretty good game...holding his own then a classic Adams sack at 1:18

[url]http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2012madams.php[/url]

Adams again looking brilliant...really playing well then gives up his second sack at 3:17.
    Gets face planted at 4:09.

Adams can run block, plays with power when he wants to play, but has way too many concentration sacks.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh well, I guess the Steelers blew this pick than.
    Hopefully next year we draft a better pick in the 2nd round

Legend

User Info Menu

I wouldn't call it "blew" as I believe he is an upgrade over Foster and Legs. Move Colon to RG and Adams to RT and the OL improves. With that said, David was the better value by a long shot.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

As per Kevin Colbert

What did you do to investigate Mike’s situation and what did you find out?
    In any prospect, we always get background information, which we did in Mike’s case. When players are subject to the testing at the combine, we don’t get those results until about a week before the actual draft. In Mike’s case, he sought us out once he was aware of the situation. He requested a face-to-face interview and meeting with myself, Art Rooney II and Coach Tomlin, and we obliged. When Mike came in, we told him he’s off our draft board. These are the stipulations that you have to accomplish for consideration for us to draft you, which the young man did. He met our criteria, he met our stipulations, and we were comfortable in taking him where we took him.

Can you be more specific about what you asked him to do?
    No. All I can say is we told him you’re off our board, this is what you have to do to get back on it, and he met those criteria.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S