Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Willie Colon

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Gilbert is starting the year at LT, this is not a guess. We have been told this. .

i believe the quote was. " right now, he's our starting LT"

what happens if he cant handle it. he's only played a handful of games at LT, even in college

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The season may start like this:

LT: Gilbert
    LG: Foster
    C: Pouncey
    RG: DeCastro
    RT: Colon

I think it ends like this:

LT: Adams
    LG: Foster
    C: Pouncey
    RG: DeCastro
    RT: Gilbert

We have finally given #7 some protection!!! Thank goodness, the last five years have been hell watching him run for his life just about every time he dropped back to pass!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is the future:

Adams - DeCastro - Pouncey - Colon - Gilbert

How quickly we get there remains to be seen.

I imagine preseason will force Adams to play ALOT. He'll be on the field til the end of every preseason game at LT. He may not start the games at LT, but he will finish them all there.

Then we'll see.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i believe the quote was. " right now, he's our starting LT"

what happens if he cant handle it. he's only played a handful of games at LT, even in college
    That was EXACTLY the quote- and it's correct- at the time LT was either Gilbert or Jon Scott- take your pick.

For the 'future OL' predictions- as much as you don't like him, there is NO WAY Colon doesn't get on the field. Swing OT? Rubbish. They didn't pay him well to watch. If he's not one of the starting OT's, he's a starting OG.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

true

but they paid him before his recent season ending injury

1st one, bad luck

2nd in a row...maybe a trend

im sure there an injury settle clause or something like that. he gets banged up again...he's gone IMO

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm trying to find an actual quote from a coach that says anything about colon actually moving to guard. I can find a lot on here by members and I vagually recall Colbert maybe saying that he could but after that I'm drawing a blank

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    true

but they paid him before his recent season ending injury

1st one, bad luck

2nd in a row...maybe a trend

im sure there an injury settle clause or something like that. he gets banged up again...he's gone IMO
    Well, with the injury theory inserted, we should draft another Center because Pouncey is always getting hurt every year & we should probably think about releasing him after his next one.....

Colon isn't injury prone. Injury prone is getting the same injury, over & over- degenerative knee injuries, torn hamstrings.

Colon is unlucky- 2 freakish, seperate injuries.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I'm trying to find an actual quote from a coach that says anything about colon actually moving to guard. I can find a lot on here by members and I vagually recall Colbert maybe saying that he could but after that I'm drawing a blank
    Maybe Gilbert will move to OG instead?

Regardless of who plays OT or OG, it won't be Willie Colon losing his starting position.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel View Post
    We have finally given #7 some protection!!! Thank goodness, the last five years have been hell watching him run for his life just about every time he dropped back to pass!!!
    Yeah, it's been hell going to Super Bowls.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Well, with the injury theory inserted, we should draft another Center because Pouncey is always getting hurt every year & we should probably think about releasing him after his next one.....

Colon isn't injury prone. Injury prone is getting the same injury, over & over- degenerative knee injuries, torn hamstrings.

Colon is unlucky- 2 freakish, seperate injuries.
    Don't forget the whole tummy ache thing

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.