Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Round 2 & 3 Draft Discussion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Worilds hasn't prove anything to indicate he's a potential starter at ILB or OLB.
    I agree, but I still think that's the plan...there was talk about it from the Steelers' FO heading into the draft...they would consider trying Worilds at ILB and Hood at NT, so they wouldn't necessarily have to select either an ILB or a NT this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the talk of moving worilds inside only shows what a terrible pick it was at the time.

just like timmons who was drafted to play OLB and got moved.

i think worilds is average, average, average. on his best day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    the talk of moving worilds inside only shows what a terrible pick it was at the time.

just like timmons who was drafted to play OLB and got moved.

i think worilds is average, average, average. on his best day.
    What do those two picks have in common?

Tomlin jumped the Steelers' draft board, taking a player he wanted (Timmons, Worilds) instead of the player that would have been the choice.

I like Tomlin a lot as a coach. Making draft picks? Not so much. I kind of wish he'd let Colbert be in charge of all the picks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Worilds is a very good athletic prospect, who without the benefit of OTAs and much offseason came in and started 7 games and garnered three sacks. He played better and better the more games experience he got. Go to Steelers.com and read the assessment that Keith Butler made of Worilds play. It is far more insightful and balanced than some of the ones of here. He was a edge pass rusher in college who is still working on becoming very instinctive as a stand-up linebacker, but he has made good progress. He will eventually start somewhere. I am excited about what he could be next season. Could be breakout year.

For those who regret not having Sean Lee, I would just make a few observations. Sean Lee has zero sacks in two seasons. He has 6 ints, which shows good awareness in the short passing zone, but little ability to pressure the QB. His total tackles from NFL.com in 2011 are 103. Lawrence Timmons had total tackles of 135 in 2010. Timmons is thought of as something between a bust and a mediocre linbebacker by some. So, it is all about spin.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    maybe that is the plan
    He looks like Polamalu in space...which i never thought I would say. I could see them moving him there.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    Worilds is a very good athletic prospect, who without the benefit of OTAs and much offseason came in and started 7 games and garnered three sacks. He played better and better the more games experience he got. Go to Steelers.com and read the assessment that Keith Butler made of Worilds play. It is far more insightful and balanced than some of the ones of here. He was a edge pass rusher in college who is still working on becoming very instinctive as a stand-up linebacker, but he has made good progress. He will eventually start somewhere. I am excited about what he could be next season. Could be breakout year.

For those who regret not having Sean Lee, I would just make a few observations. Sean Lee has zero sacks in two seasons. He has 6 ints, which shows good awareness in the short passing zone, but little ability to pressure the QB. His total tackles from NFL.com in 2011 are 103. Lawrence Timmons had total tackles of 135 in 2010. Timmons is thought of as something between a bust and a mediocre linbebacker by some. So, it is all about spin.
    You see your mistake? You let reality cloud a perfectly good rant.

Worilds made steps last season, he improved. He had no off-season to take big steps, but there was progression. Timmons isn't a bust no matter how much people want to believe it. He could get 8000 tackles, 32 sacks & two blocked FG's next year & people will still say we reached. Timmons & Spence are more an indication of the direction the NFL LB is taking- faster, lighter, more able to drop into coverage.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE