Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The one player left with the highest upside...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The one player left with the highest upside...

..personally I think it is WR Alshon Jeffrey. This time last year he was considered a lock for top 10 and maybe even as high as top 5.

And if you look at the mess that was South Carolina Gamecocks quarterbacking this past year it is no wonder his game fell off a little. I think he is better than A.J. Jenkins who the Niners drafted yesterday.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ..personally I think it is WR Alshon Jeffrey. This time last year he was considered a lock for top 10 and maybe even as high as top 5.

And if you look at the mess that was South Carolina Gamecocks quarterbacking this past year it is no wonder his game fell off a little. I think he is better than A.J. Jenkins who the Niners drafted yesterday.
    He won't make it past the browns IMO. Although with all the talent that dropped he may.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like that tall receiver from Appalachia State, if for some reason he is still around in round 3, I think I'd make that move personally.
    go to [URL]http://www.thebreastcancersite.com[/URL] to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

There's a load of guys with potential. Hill has more upside than Jeffrey. But both could be the next Limas Sweed. I even would prefer taking a shot at Streeter later in the draft over Jeffrey even though he's really raw.

Chapman is the guy that I see having the biggest potential impact on this team for the next decade. Ta'amu is another guy I could see having a big impact on this team.

Legend

User Info Menu

what if janoris jenkins is still there in the second? he's got huge upside as well.

Starter

User Info Menu

That's funny flippy. 'cause I was just pondering the same idea.

I just thought it might be so out of bounds of a topic that I shouldnt be the one to speak of it. Certainly not with my 2nd post.

But yeah. He has top 20 talent. Is the juice worth the squeeze?

-I twist my 'stache around my finger-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    That's funny flippy. 'cause I was just pondering the same idea.

I just thought it might be so out of bounds of a topic that I shouldnt be the one to speak of it. Certainly not with my 2nd post.

But yeah. He has top 20 talent. Is the juice worth the squeeze?

-I twist my 'stache around my finger-
    I think Jenkins might be as good a corner as Claiborne. I also realize we're the Steelers and he may not even be on our board. But I think the Steelers had to at least have the thought about taking him at 24 if Decastro wasn't there. Decastro's just so good and so safe a pick, it was a no brainer.

But I'm thinking Jenkins without character issues is a top 5-10 pick in the draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

Agree with Chapman- that guy is a rock to build on.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Agree with Chapman- that guy is a rock to build on.
    He played with a torn ACL. He's Steeler tough.

And if we look at production, this guy missed one game and Alabama gave up 300+ yards rushing to Georgia Southern. As good as Alabama was, I think you could make the case that they were so good because of Chapman. I know he is hurt, but from what I've seen, I don't see how a guy like that still doesn't go in the first round.

Prototype 3-4 NTs don't grow on trees.

Starter

User Info Menu

I would be quite happy with Chapman.