Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DeCastro Starts Where?

Legend

User Info Menu

I see him as a left side guy too FLA
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Colbert says he stays put and will play RG. I don't have a problem with that. I think Legursky is better than Foster anyway. With all the motion and different formations teams don't really have a set strong side like they used to have. I'll be happy no matter which side he plays on.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think it all depends if Steelers draft another O-lineman. If not i think deCastro should be able play LG by end of the camp/preseason.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, usually, the TE lines up on the right side...for most right-handed quarterbacks. Sure, sometimes we'll flip the formation or run weak-side, but I would imagine that most of our runs are to the strength of the formation - which is usually to the right. It's also Gilbert's first taste at LT. We have zero idea how he will perform and he's usually going to draw the best pass rusher, as I already mentioned. It only makes sense that we put the superior guard on the left.

I have no business arguing this with you, since you are obviously clairvoyant in all matters related to DeCastro. I'm sure he will line up where you predict.

Backup

User Info Menu

I think he stays at right with Legs at left.

Gilbert, Legs, Pounce, Cass, Allen, Massie, or Schwartz.

..................Ben............................. .............

............Very Happy....................................

Legend

User Info Menu

With what we've got now, the best lineup would be:

Gilbert - LT
    Pouncey - LG
    Legs - C
    Decastro - RG
    Colon - RT

Things could dramatically change sooner than later. I'd be all for a LT in the draft and leaving Gilbert on the right and bringing back Max for now. I wouldn't mind another stud OG either. I still think we have 2 open slots on the line right now.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Max Starks tweeted that his rehab is going well and will be ready by mid-July.

If that's the case, I think the Steelers will give him a shot.

With our current players, I think our best o-line is:

Starks - DeCastro - Pouncey - Colon - Gilbert

That would be the best o-line we've seen in a very long time.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw in the steelers post pick conference call Tomlin said he is a RG & it didn't seem he was referring to his college position. I take what Tomlin says with a grain of salt though.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I saw in the steelers post pick conference call Tomlin said he is a RG & it didn't seem he was referring to his college position. I take what Tomlin says with a grain of salt though.
    Tomlin drafted Timmons as an OLB afterall.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

wherever he lines up I have a feeling our RB screens may start working after years of suckage!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...