Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DeCastro Starts Where?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What? No. Where you get this stuff? He's gonna play where Colbert and Tomlin were saying. He's a RG.

TE on the right because of a right handed QB? Where did you play? That's just not totally right..

Sorry- from one of the posts up further.. ^^^^
    Last edited by pfelix73; 04-27-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he will start out at right guard until he gets acclimated to the NFL. Being familiar with the position will make his initial transition to the league a little easier. As he gains experience, only time will tell if the coaches will want him at LG or RG.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    What? No. Where you get this stuff? Wikipedia? He's gonna play where Colbert and Tomlin were saying. He's a RG.

Sorry- from one of the posts up further.. ^^^^
    Look, with all the motion and pre-snap movement in today's NFL (as someone else mentioned), I guess it does mitigate it somewhat, but the logic is sound and doesn't come from wikipedia. You want that extra protection on the left side and you generally run more plays to the strength of the formation. The only reason Kemo was able to hold on to his spot at LG was his ability to pull. Look at Faneca and his ability to pull.

I'm not saying it's insane to keep him on the right side, I just think you make better use of his skill set on the left...especially considering the unknown with Gilbert at LT.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Isn't DeCastro on the left side as much of an unknown (or moreso) than Gilbert?

Legend

User Info Menu

Adams - DeCastro - Pouncey - Colon/Foster - Gilbert

​How's that work for ya?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Adams is gonna be 2nd on the depth chart at either OT position. No way he beats out Colon in 2012. This is a crazy pick IMO. I'm surprised they took him, even though in a thread from a few days ago, I said something to the fact that he could slide down to them in round 2..Just surprised considering they have needs elewhere. BPA I suppose..

Looks like Starks days as a Steeler are over...
    Last edited by pfelix73; 04-27-2012 at 08:57 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Adams - DeCastro - Pouncey - Colon/Foster - Gilbert

​How's that work for ya?
    From what I know of Adams (which is admittedly far less than many on this board) he is not ready to start at LT out-of-the-box. I also thought that our staff was pretty well sold on Gilbert's ability to play LT. Could this mean that Adams is being considered at RT? A Mexican standoff for the two tackle spots? The front office must really love this kid's skill set, 'cause I'm kind of scratching my head a little here.

Legend

User Info Menu

Decastro stays at RG and we run left. Good pulling guards are able to lead the RB into the hole as the tackle seals off. I saw one report that said that this kid is so good that he gets outside of the T to seal. That is amazing for a guard.