Thread: Think New England helped us?

Pro Bowler

Think New England helped us?

Anyone think the Pats traded up with the Bengals just so they could get Hightower.
    I was thinking NE figured the Bengals would take Decastro & knew we wanted Hightower.
    They make the trade and get the guy they wanted.
    Crazy?

I think the pats* helped us by taking Hightower. Hightower, Spikes and Mayo will make for a slow, but tough LB group in NE, but I'm glad the Ravens didn't end up with Hightower.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    I don't know what Belichick's ulterior motives for moving up with Cincy might have been, but they definitely helped us out last night big time. If Cincy stayed put, they would have taken DeCastro with the 21st pick (that was pretty much confirmed when they drafted Zeitler at #27).

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think the pats* helped us by taking Hightower. Hightower, Spikes and Mayo will make for a slow, but tough LB group in NE, but I'm glad the Ravens didn't end up with Hightower.
    The Ravens might now get Hightower's running mate, Courtney Upshaw, though (they pick 3rd tonight, and I think the Rams take Stephen Hill and the Colts take Coby Fleener with the first two picks).

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Ravens might now get Hightower's running mate, Courtney Upshaw, though (they pick 3rd tonight, and I think the Rams take Stephen Hill and the Colts take Coby Fleener with the first two picks).
    True enough, but I've seen some pretty mixed reviews on Upshaw.