Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Did Decastro Fall to 24?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    While Bruce Irvin could be considered a reach, I think he will be a special player at the next level. I don't know if I have ever seen a linebacker that able to get after a QB.

Can he get after the QB while suspended or in jail????
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    While Bruce Irvin could be considered a reach, I think he will be a special player at the next level. I don't know if I have ever seen a linebacker that able to get after a QB.
    He is a one dimensional player that 99.9 % of the teams had him rated no higher than mid second round.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Wow- just heard on ESPN that he has a back-condition type injury that he's dealt with the last 4 years....
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Actually- that's not true...but Chadman would have paid to see Ruthless' face as he read that..
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Based on what I've read here and elsewhere, DeCastro will be a great addition to the team.

I do think it's worth mentioning that the last time we were this fired up about early picks in the draft was when we got another two guys that fell early and were "can't miss" prospects. Mendenhall and Sweed looked great on draft day.

I think DeCastro was the right call by the FO. But every drafted player is a lottery ticket. I also think that the bust potential for OL is generally lower than other positions so I am hopeful. Here's hoping that the kid lives up to the expectations (although that seems hard when he's instantly compared to Faneca and Hutchinson).

This is what I am talking about. The last time I've seen this board so excited like this over a draft pick was when we drafted Mendenhall and Sweed. I was excited too. Some of you are acting like we won the super bowl already over DeCastro. Can he help Ben get rid of the ball quicker? If the answer is yes, then we might be on to something here.

Hall of Famer
    I still can't believe that we got DeCastro at 24.

I think about Tennesse, with Mike Munchak (HOF Guard) as their coach. They invested a load of dough on signing CJ2K last year. They just brought in a future HOF Guard in Steve Hutchinson. What better situation to bring in "the next Steve Hutchinson" than to put him opposite, learn from two masters, and open up holes for their most dynamic player (CJ).

It baffles me that we got him!