Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: What If the Steelers Trade

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,302

    What If the Steelers Trade

    Mike Wallace to the Rams for picks #33 and #39? The Rams really want to get Bradford some weapons and I think they were shocked when first Blackmon was picked right before them and then Floyd was chosen right in front of them? Would they be that desparate to pay such a high price or am I just wishing it were the Redskins or Raiders in that position?

    I love Mike Wallace but with Cotch back in the fold we have a very deep receiving corp. Obtaining those 2 picks would allow us to possibly pick up Glenn and Mychal Kendricks or maybe Kendricks and Stephen Hill who would be a raw replacement for Wallace.

    What do you think?
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,846
    I like Wallace but really believe they have no chance of resigning him much like the Holmes situation minus the stupidity. I'd have no issue getting what you propose for him. However, I don't think they can trade him since his tender is unsigned. Maybe someone knows for sure.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #3
    We would be very fortunate to get one of those picks let alone two of those picks for Wallace.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    We would be very fortunate to get one of those picks let alone two of those picks for Wallace.
    Could the Rams get a comparable player in round 2? No, I don't think so...

    You can argue with Wallace's "completeness" as a WR, but you cannot possibly argue against his production...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I like Wallace but really believe they have no chance of resigning him much like the Holmes situation minus the stupidity. I'd have no issue getting what you propose for him. However, I don't think they can trade him since his tender is unsigned. Maybe someone knows for sure.
    This raises an interesting point, and I don't know what the answer is.

    Nevertheless, I wouldn't make this move. I'd rather see the Steelers keep Wallace this year for the tender amount and then franchise him and either resign him or trade him next year.

  6. #6
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,648
    It depends.

    If the Steelers FO really doesn't think they'll be able to sign him to a reasonable contract, I would trade him for those 2 picks.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Could the Rams get a comparable player in round 2? No, I don't think so...

    You can argue with Wallace's "completeness" as a WR, but you cannot possibly argue against his production...
    When someone actually offers that for Wallace get back with me. I won't argue talent theory...just saying from a practical standpoint it won't happen.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    When someone actually offers that for Wallace get back with me. I won't argue talent theory...just saying from a practical standpoint it won't happen.
    Yeah, I wouldn't pursue it, but would listen if someone came calling.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,427
    Wallace is going nowhere. You let ONE guy dictate who the boss is, they will all try it. They will play hard ball with him. If he gets his mind right, he'll get a VERY nice contract. If he fecks with us, then he'll get poop this year and get franchised next year.
    He's just playing his cards now, but surely he knows how it will work out. Vincent Jackson tried this and lost ALOT of money and ended up getting a similar contract to the one we'll offer Wallace likely.
    I think in the end, he lines up and gets paid handsomely, but appropriately.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Could the Rams get a comparable player in round 2? No, I don't think so...

    You can argue with Wallace's "completeness" as a WR, but you cannot possibly argue against his production...
    But I don't think he would be as productive without Ben. IMO Wallace's wheels and Ben's extend the play ability make Wallace more valuable to us than to other teams. If you're a team with a more typical timing based offence, would Wallace be as productive as he's been here?

    I wouldn't make this deal unless I was absolutely sure that i couldn't sign Wallace long term. Even then, I know I can have him for 2 years with RFA and FA deals.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •