Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chadman's Draft Recap..

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman's Draft Recap..

Well, the 1st round is out of the way & the Steelers have come up with the #2 OL player in 2012 in OG David DeCastro.

While he was the 'draft darling' of many posters in here, he was also considered exceedingly unlikely to go past #15, if even out of the top 10.

Yet, here he is at #24, and the Steelers calmly, without any panic, get an instant upgrade to their OL.

An incredible pick, to be fair & honest, and quite baffling that so many questionable players would go before him- but let's face it- who's complaining?

Pretty sure we now HAVE to admit that Kevin Colbert knows what he is doing- this is how many drafts now that he has gotten great 'value' in his 1st round guy? The guy is an excellent GM, and we, as Steeler fans, are lucky to have him- particularly when you consider the FA retraints this football club places on itself- Colbert can't buy a SB ring.

The selection of an OG also continues the Defense/Offense rotation for another year under Colbert/Tomlin. Timmons, Mendenhall, Hood, Pouncey, Heyward, DeCastro..which leads to the next trend- Line of Scrimmage guys 4 years in a row, and you then include Gilbert in Round 2 last year as well.

The selection of DeCastro, on it's own, is likely an "A" type selection, but to get him at #24, and not trade away any picks, gets an "A+" in Chadman's view.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is the only guard I would have wanted in the first round- and we didn't even need to trade up to get him.

Legend

User Info Menu

I honestly thought Decastro had as good a shot of being available at 24 as Andrew Luck.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Why are the Cowboys & Pats being considered for having the best round? I don't see why overpaying for a draft-pick (Cowboys) & drafting an oft-injured, potential-laden player along with player most of us were praying our team wouldn't pick - are considered great moves. Give me the Steelers measured approach every time...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Djfan's draft recap --

YESSSSS SIRRRRR!!!!!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Why are the Cowboys & Pats being considered for having the best round? I don't see why overpaying for a draft-pick (Cowboys) & drafting an oft-injured, potential-laden player along with player most of us were praying our team wouldn't pick - are considered great moves. Give me the Steelers measured approach every time...
    If we can land a player like Mychal Kendricks in Round 2, I have a feeling we'll garner some A's in mock draft grades for once this year. Not that we care... or not that it matters at all (it doesn't obviously... look at teams like the Bungles, the Cards, etc. always seemingly getting A's for their grades).

But getting Kendricks would be a dream scenario for me. DeCastro/Kendricks were my two names in Rd 1 after all.

Legend

User Info Menu

Alhough drafting for 'need' is frought with danger, the Steelers are going to HAVE to do something about depth & ability at NT very soon- preferrably this draft. If they get Josh Chapman at the end of the 2nd Round, both Lines of Scrimmage will be close to set for a number of years.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Backup

User Info Menu

I give Colbert and the Steelers 6 thumbs up for this pick.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Excellent
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.