Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Redman vs. Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Would you trade Barry Foster for Emmitt Smith? Barry Sanders?

My guess is a resounding YES. Yet for one season, Foster paced both Sanders and Smith in a season (when both had excellent years). The people who are dismissing the notion are either not understanding the question:

-(I asked if you thought Redman, with a starting job + a new commitment to the run game, could produce on par with Cleveland's #1 pick)

-Think that Redman is only capable of 600 or so yards (legitimate opinion)

-think Richardson is going to set the league on fire (IMO, a longshot this season)

To go to your original question, I think Redman will be productive and useful this year. I also think the Steelers will find a complimentary back to pair with Redman, limiting his touches and overall production.

Richardson will be hampered by the lack of any other weapon, but I think he could still end up with 1200 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    To go to your original question, I think Redman will be productive and useful this year. I also think the Steelers will find a complimentary back to pair with Redman, limiting his touches and overall production.

Richardson will be hampered by the lack of any other weapon, but I think he could still end up with 1200 yards.
    We still don't know what Barron Batch will bring to the party or if they will sign another RB from the draft. Clay and Dwyer are still there as well so there should be plenty of people to platoon with Redman.

My only point about splitting carries is the one made by Philly, it will limit his overall production numbers. He's not capable of carrying the workload by himself. BTW, we lost to Denver, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    My only point about splitting carries is the one made by Philly, it will limit his overall production numbers. He's not capable of carrying the workload by himself. BTW, we lost to Denver, remember?
    It certainly wasn't because of anything Redman did or did not do...

Why do you think Redman isn't capable of carrying the workload? I think he can carry the workload just as well as Mendy did. I would like to see Batch develop and provide a different style of runner and get some carries but I'm perfectly fine with Redman. The guy has done everthing asked of him and he's done it better than any back we have on the team. Is it just because he's an UDFA? I wonder if folks in Houston are saying the same thing about Arian Foster?
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Why do you think Redman isn't capable of carrying the workload? I think he can carry the workload just as well as Mendy did. I would like to see Batch develop and provide a different style of runner and get some carries but I'm perfectly fine with Redman. The guy has done everthing asked of him and he's done it better than any back we have on the team. Is it just because he's an UDFA? I wonder if folks in Houston are saying the same thing about Arian Foster?
    Really comparing Redmnan to Foster in addition to Richardson. I get some are in love with the "underdog" angle but a little relaity please
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I make my assessment on the fact that the guy is gassed after about 10 carries. I give you that he runs hard and is easy to cheer on, but he hasn't shown me that he's a feature back yet. Just sayin'.

Pro Bowler
    I make my assessment on the fact that the guy is gassed after about 10 carries. I give you that he runs hard and is easy to cheer on, but he hasn't shown me that he's a feature back yet. Just sayin'.
    It's because he's not a feature back. I love the guy but he's not a carry the load kind of runner. We're certainly going to use a heavy committee approach, especially if they draft a guy like James in round 2. Comparing him to Trent Richardson is also one of the craziest things I've read on a website in a while. It's something you'd read on a Browns board. Colt McCoy is ALMOST as good as Big Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    It's because he's not a feature back. I love the guy but he's not a carry the load kind of runner. We're certainly going to use a heavy committee approach, especially if they draft a guy like James in round 2. Comparing him to Trent Richardson is also one of the craziest things I've read on a website in a while. It's something you'd read on a Browns board. Colt McCoy is ALMOST as good as Big Ben.
    Exactly my point Snatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Richardson will probably be the best starting back in the division. Redman will only start because Mendenhall is injured and will probably be the worst starting RB in the division- even though he's a good player.

Exactly. I suspect Richardson will be the best RB in the AFC in very short order. Redman couldn't even get significant PT behind Mendenhall.