Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Redman vs. Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Richardson will have one of the BEST LT to run behind and a pretty darn good center too. Couple first rounders.
    Redman now has a two first rounders as well. That said, it isn't at all close. Put differently -- if you plugged Redman into the Browns, with no WRs and no passing game, what would you expect from him? Richardson, even with a D keyed on him, can carry that team.

Legend
    Richardson has proven himself already in the NFL??

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Has Redman really proven himself? He played because the starter got hurt. Not exactly trending for the HoF. Richardson will be the better back and trying to cast Redman as anywhere near him talent-wise is laughable.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Would you trade Redman for Richardson? I sure as hell would, and I like Redman.

Hall of Famer
    Would you trade Barry Foster for Emmitt Smith? Barry Sanders?

My guess is a resounding YES. Yet for one season, Foster paced both Sanders and Smith in a season (when both had excellent years). The people who are dismissing the notion are either not understanding the question:

-(I asked if you thought Redman, with a starting job + a new commitment to the run game, could produce on par with Cleveland's #1 pick)

-Think that Redman is only capable of 600 or so yards (legitimate opinion)

-think Richardson is going to set the league on fire (IMO, a longshot this season)

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Has Redman really proven himself? He played because the starter got hurt. Not exactly trending for the HoF. Richardson will be the better back and trying to cast Redman as anywhere near him talent-wise is laughable.
    Richardson will probably be the best starting back in the division. Redman will only start because Mendenhall is injured and will probably be the worst starting RB in the division- even though he's a good player.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Doesn't matter why Redman is starting or if he is the better talent. That wasn't the question the OP posed. He is talking about production THIS year by both RB's. Richardson is still a Brown and I doubt he will have an Adrian Peterson type rookie year.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Redman putting up better numbers at the start of the season. Richardson is more talented but Redman is consistent at getting 4 to 5 yards a pop. We also have Decastro on the OL now!

I know you aren't a believer in Redman but he has a style that screams 100 ypg... it won't be flashy but it will be consistent. The Browns still lack a ton on the offensive side of the ball.

Richardson hasn't done anything yet and while I think he will be a stud I wont crown him until I see it in the NFL.

Legend
    Doesn't matter why Redman is starting or if he is the better talent. That wasn't the question the OP posed. He is talking about production THIS year by both RB's. Richardson is still a Brown and I doubt he will have an Adrian Peterson type rookie year.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Redman putting up better numbers at the start of the season. Richardson is more talented but Redman is consistent at getting 4 to 5 yards a pop. We also have Decastro on the OL now!

I know you aren't a believer in Redman but he has a style that screams 100 ypg... it won't be flashy but it will be consistent. The Browns still lack a ton on the offensive side of the ball.

Richardson hasn't done anything yet and while I think he will be a stud I wont crown him until I see it in the NFL.
    I'm not as anti-Redman as many like to think, but I just see a decent back-up RB nothing more. No WOW! No special. I think there are two FA RBs that formerly player for Haley, Hightower and Battle, that give you the same thing Redman does.

As far as his style while it may scream 100 ypg to you, it screams injury by mid-season to me. He can't avoid contact which is a problem for a RB.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

With Redman's running style, he won't last the whole season because his body isn't big enough to back up his running style for an entire season. Look, he gets winded before the game is over because of this, so he will eventually wear down as the season goes on. I like Redman, he's all heart, like Rocko. But, he isn't even on the level as a Richardson. If we hang on to our rehabbing Mendy, Redman will start splitting carries when he comes back, but I'd bet he'll be splitting carries before that even.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    With Redman's running style, he won't last the whole season because his body isn't big enough to back up his running style for an entire season. Look, he gets winded before the game is over because of this, so he will eventually wear down as the season goes on. I like Redman, he's all heart, like Rocko. But, he isn't even on the level as a Richardson. If we hang on to our rehabbing Mendy, Redman will start splitting carries when he comes back, but I'd bet he'll be splitting carries before that even.
    You make it sound like a bad thing to split carries...

I expect Redman to get 15 to 17 touches a game just like the Denver game..