Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 LastLast

Thread: Draft night thread--lets start it here

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    "It's a steal, plain and simple."

A steal of epic proportions, really. How do so many teams pass up a guy like DeCastro?
    By over drafting quarterbacks which cause other dominoes to fall and the fact that OG is probably the least coveted every down player on the field; the next thing you know the #1 rated player at his position falls into your lap.

Papillon
    Last edited by papillon; 04-27-2012 at 12:16 AM.

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer
    Wow what a steal.....!!!

RB hats of to you for believing Steelers will draft DeCastro...
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Pro Bowler
    Aggiebones is drunk and pleased.

Now trade up in rd2 a.d get NT.

Legend
    Trade up and get Glenn in Round 2 and our OL is fixed for years to come.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    Aggiebones is drunk and pleased.

Now trade up in rd2 a.d get NT.
    Hopefully we can get a good one without trading up. It seems like tempting fate almost...

Hall of Famer
    Like Ruthless, DeCastro was the prize of this draft for me. There was only 2 OL that were can't misses in this draft in Kalil & Decastro. There was only one guy I would trade up for and it was him. I didn't even think a 2nd like Ruthless suggested in his mock would land him because on a talent level...He looked to be a Top 10 guy. I am totally shocked this happened. I can not believe the turn of events. I didn't like this draft at the top and really was soured by the fact that we might end up taking a 2nd round talent guy at #24 because there were about 20-22 1st round grades at most. Colbert can thank the football GODS for the way this fell. Think of the good fortune for the Steelers not having to give up another pick to go get him. The 1st round pick was actually the only pick I was worried about this year. This draft is talented from here on out. To get Decastro at #24 in this draft is a pure blessing. Honestly, if everyone is "who" they thought they are on the roster & good fortune without injuries...The Steelers could be one more OL pick away from not having to worry about the OL for several years. Think of the run the Steelers could put together for the back half of Roethlisgerger's career. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger again in round 2 if a talent on the OL falls...They Steelers are on the brink of possible OL Dominance if they decide to go that route. I'm behind Colbert & Tomlin if that is what they choose!!!

I honestly saw this coming...

I had faith in the rest of the NFL to fully commit to the necessary desperation and overdrafts required to push a blue-chipper like DeCastro right into the waiting hands of the Steelers...

It really has nothing to do with the football gods...it is due to the all too mortal misfirings of NFL front offices sprinkled from #1 to #23...

This is why the Steelers always try to be able to field a full team prior to the draft...if you don't have any "holes" (and really, the Steelers didn't...they made it to the playoffs with Legursky and Foster starting at OG and with Foote seeing extensive playing time at the Buck LB) you can just see what good football players drop to you and upgrade wherever you can...

This was the greatest value 1st round pick that I can remember of any team since the Packers drafted Rodgers...

chirp chirp chirp....where is everyone?

we opened a round 2 and 3 thread and stickied it....
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

No surprise for the Ravens with Upshaw
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St