Thread: Flippy Final Mock - 3.0

Legend

Flippy Final Mock - 3.0

1. Stephen Hill - WR - GA Tech - A 6'4", 215lb WR that fixes our #1 problem. Red Zone production. He's a junior which Tomlin should like. Kid's a freak. He's the real deal. Might have more potential than any WR in this class. Don't need him, but he'll be a steal at 24.

2. Josh Chapman - NT - Alabama - He has Casey Hampton II written all over him. If he wasn't hurt, he'd be a sure first rounder. This kid is a stud that will change our Defense for years.

3. Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami OH - Small school beast with athleticism, size, and positional flexibility that we seem to covet.

4. Bruce Irvin - OLB - WVU - Just trying to fit in a local college kid. This kid seems like a freak that shouldn't last this long. But who knows? He's got some character issues and could slide a bit.

5. Chris Rainey -RB - Florida - He's little. He's quick. He's explosive. Good 3rd down weapon and a change of pace back.

6. Chris Greenwood - CB - Albion - Great D-III athlete that has the prototypical size/speed/athleticism to fit in the Steelers' D.

7. Neiko Thorpe - FS - Auburn - Good athlete with good size and production in the SEC.

7. Donald Stephenson - OT/OG - Oklahoma - Big athletic kid with positional flexibility.

7. Patrick Witt - QB - Yale - The kid's as good a QB prospect as any of the QBs outside of the top QBs. He's smart, got good size, and a decent arm. Could be a good eventual backup for us.

7. Noah Keller - ILB - OH - Nice athlete with good production on the field. A little small. Will he hold up against top competition? Seems like a good risk for a 7th round pick. Plus we're in a passing league now, so do we really need the big thumpers in the middle?

Some additional commentary, I wouldn't be surprised with Janoris Jenkins or Coby Fleener. Just 2 guys I had a suspicion about very early on. I know Jenkins has character issues, but without them, he's as good a CB as I've seen in college. Fleener seems like such a good fit to cure our RedZone issues. He looks like the next Heath Miller out there. But at the end of the day, I have to look at the reality of the Mike Wallace situation and think Hill could make a ton of sense.

Hall of Famer
    Dude . Epic Mock Draft. That is BEAST!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

3. Brandon Brooks - OG - Miami OH - Small school beast with athleticism, size, and positional flexibility that we seem to covet.

4. Bruce Irvin - OLB - WVU - Just trying to fit in a local college kid. This kid seems like a freak that shouldn't last this long. But who knows? He's got some character issues and could slide a bit.
    I could live with your first two picks. I think these two picks are where you went wrong. Irvin will not be there in the 4th and Brooks is a 2nd round player or early third. There is no way he is there in the third for us.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I could live with your first two picks. I think these two picks are where you went wrong. Irvin will not be there in the 4th and Brooks is a 2nd round player or early third. There is no way he is there in the third for us.

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    4.118 ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I was hoping Brooks would last because of the small school and Irvin because of the character concerns. I know it's a pipe dream. I've seen people putting Chapman in the 3rd or 4th, so maybe we could swap some of these guys around?

The longer I look at a draft, the crazier I think I get. I want everyone. And I start to overthink this whole thing. I think I've considered every single college player as a Steeler outside of the top QBs.