Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What I am hearing....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What I am hearing....

The Steelers love LaMichael James and could grab him in round 2. Haley sees him as his next Jamaal Charles. First round pecking order is likely Poe, Hightower, Silatalou. They will likely make some moves in the middle rounds to target specific players or move out if their guy isn't there. They would consider a slight move in the first for Barron or DeCastro, very unlikely though.

Legend

User Info Menu

grabbing a RB makes a lot of sense as Mendy is no guarentee to be fit for te majority of the season & there are no proven RB's on the roster after him. James offers plenty of attacking flair if selected.

After careful consideration, Chadman has decided he will find the good in any Steeler draft pick...they can't go wrong!
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    grabbing a RB makes a lot of sense as Mendy is no guarentee to be fit for te majority of the season & there are no proven RB's on the roster after him. James offers plenty of attacking flair if selected.

After careful consideration, Chadman has decided he will find the good in any Steeler draft pick...they can't go wrong!
    I may not, with my limited to know nothing background as a professional football talent evaluator, like who they take. However, once they take him he is part of the family and I want them to be wildly successful and bring honor to the greatest organization in professional sports.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info.

I look for a very workmanlike draft from the Steelers. Lot's of big uglies, special teams guys, and complementary players.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

There are always people that Steeler Nation feels like they should draft, and certain draft picks that people are going to hate. Its always easy to look back at drafts from 3, or more years ago and say "We could have taken so and so in the fifth round instead of this guy who was a washout". Hindsight is always 20-20. We always forget the guys we wanted them to take who they didn't that ended up being washouts.
    The Steelers sign almost no free agents. We sign a neglible number of cast offs from other teams. They build almost exclusively through the draft. And they end up in the playoffs every year. Individually we may not like who they pick, but they seem to know what they are doing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersrock151 View Post
    There are always people that Steeler Nation feels like they should draft, and certain draft picks that people are going to hate. Its always easy to look back at drafts from 3, or more years ago and say "We could have taken so and so in the fifth round instead of this guy who was a washout". Hindsight is always 20-20. We always forget the guys we wanted them to take who they didn't that ended up being washouts.
    The Steelers sign almost no free agents. We sign a neglible number of cast offs from other teams. They build almost exclusively through the draft. And they end up in the playoffs every year. Individually we may not like who they pick, but they seem to know what they are doing.
    I think most of us realize this. However, if we simply deferred to the front office and their expertise, what would we (on this message board) in March and April?
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I'm like him (Chadman). I'm trying to do the same thing, finding the positive with anyone they pick. 2nd does still seem a bit high though. Anywhere beyond that (3rd and lower), I'd love the pick. At pick 58 or wherever we are, I can still live with it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Who are you hearing this from?

Rookie

User Info Menu

I don't have a problem with James, though he did not produce against the big boys like LSU and USC...

Legend

User Info Menu

James could add another element to the offense and would be a nice compliment to Redman (and, when healthy, Mendenhall).

I really hope that somebody grabs Poe before he gets to the Steelers and takes the decision out of their hands.