Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What I am hearing....

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    They would consider a slight move in the first for Barron or DeCastro, very unlikely though.
    Some of the mocks would only require a slight move to grab either. I still think DeCastro will be gone in the top 15 but I hope he slides.....

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Steelers better have a good draft cause they need it!

Hall of Famer
    I believe James or Pead will be a Steeler. They want a "change of pace" back.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    They would consider a slight move in the first for Barron or DeCastro, very unlikely though.

YEAH!!!!!!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    grabbing a RB makes a lot of sense as Mendy is no guarentee to be fit for te majority of the season & there are no proven RB's on the roster after him. James offers plenty of attacking flair if selected.

After careful consideration, Chadman has decided he will find the good in any Steeler draft pick...they can't go wrong!
    I would love to have a change of pace like James but he is just as unproven as the rest of them. I'm curious to see if Batch could be that guy. Is he healthy yet?

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I think most of us realize this. However, if we simply deferred to the front office and their expertise, what would we (on this message board) in March and April?
    I agree.

Over the years, I've seen members of this site pick players in their mock that we could have taken. Surprisingly enough, I've seen hose players outperformed the players that the FO has chosen.

I'm not saying these board members should be GMs but I'm not giving the Steelers coaches and FO a free pass just because they work for the organization and we don't. They make mistakes. They miss on contracts, evaluations and player rankings. I don't look through the Steelers glasses like some do... I'm not the type that says, "Well, if the Colbert and Tomlin think he's great, then he must be".

Different opinions is what makes a forum fun. Some may call those people trolls, haters or whatever ... but it doesn't make them wrong just because they disagree w/ the general population.

Yes, I think they will go for a back in the 2nd at first I was thinking Kendricks in the second, but makes more sense since there is alot of uncertainty there at RB for this year and next year ( Mendy and Redman FA)

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I would love to have a change of pace like James but he is just as unproven as the rest of them. I'm curious to see if Batch could be that guy. Is he healthy yet?
    Last I heard he's almost finished with rehab and should be 100% for camp.

Batch is good. Get an RB on the UFA market. We need other issues first. A good O line makes a C+ back look great.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

No offense, but zzzzz.
    They are not going to tell you , Ed B.,Lolley OR Anyone else who they have plans and what order they have plans for. So I take this along with the other reporter reports with a grain of salt. All are guesses at this point.