Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The REAL Final, Chadman Mock Draft..

Legend

User Info Menu

The REAL Final, Chadman Mock Draft..

Ok, ok...this is REALLY the last one...

ROUND 1.

MIKE ADAMS OT
    OHIO ST

ncf_u_adams01_200.jpg

Steelers need a genuine LT. Played in a big college, competed against good competition. It's the Offense's turn in the Round 1 game after Cam Heyward was picked last season.

ROUND 2

JOSH CHAPMAN NT
    ALABAMA

131186200_display_image.jpg

Steelers need a NT to learn from & then replace Casey Hampton. Outside of injury, there are really no question marks on Chapman.

ROUND 3

ROBERT TURBIN RB
    UTAH ST

16285442.jpg

Mendy is in his last season, Redman is not a gaurentee to be a success & there is nothing proven outside of those guys. Good hands, fits Todd Haley's offense.

ROUND 4

SEAN SPENCE LB
    MIAMI

sean-spence.jpg

Steelers are always looking for LB's. Spence plays surprisingly physically for a smaller guy- but if the Steelers looked at Kendricks there is no reason to think Spence wasn't seen too. Steelers had a number of Coaches at Miami's Pro Day.

ROUND 5

KEITH TANDY CB/FS
    WEST VIRGINIA

29tandy_I110828215039.jpg

Steelers have shown a lot of interest- they need a Safety for depth.

ROUND 6

RYAN VAN BERGEN DE
    MICHIGAN

Steelers need DL depth- Van Bergen is the prototype 3-4 DE.

ROUND 7

A) TONEY CLEMONS WR
    COLORADO

B) KELVIN BEACHUM OG
    SMU

C) BRODERICK BINNS OLB
    IOWA

D) BUDDY JACKSON CB
    PITTSBURGH
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude.. Epic Mock draft.. that is BEAST!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Mike Adams might be there in round 2. He's probably off their boards because of that mary jane situation.. FO would say no-way.. Also, they have their long-term LT now.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

At this point, I would be very surprised if it was Mike.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like your draft after the first two picks. Adams and Chapman in rounds 1 & 2 may require me to buy a new tv.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would be extremely didsappointed if they selected Adams given his underachiever performance in college and his history of making bad decisions with the off field nbenefits and now dope. Just doesn't seem like a guy you can count on. After the Stupidio Holmes experience why would they want to have a similar porblem. I still like OL in Round 1 and would go with Kevin Zeitler and get a 10-year starter with high character.

I really like the Chapman pick, but would have to be prepared to have him no better than 80% this season. That may be asking alot given that Hampton is in the same situation.

I'd probably add another OL about Round 4 like Lucas Nix from Pitt.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I agree with the others. Adams in the first round would disgust me. Even before the weed revelation, I did not want him. Most Ohio State fans that I've talked with, and I live in Buckeye Land, don't think he gave consistent effort. Also, remember he was part of the "Tattoo Scandal" at OSU. My attempt at a mock is in my sig below.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thing is- you just don't get a lot of opportunities to draft an 'elite' LT when you are the Pittsburgh Steelers, drafting at the tail end of the draft every year. Adams fits so many catagories as a LT, and actually upgrades 3 OL positions as Chadman feels he's a superior LT to Gilbert, Gilbert is a superior RT to Colon & Colon is a superior RG to Foster. The flow-on effect is enormous. Many here want an OG, but that simply fixes 1 position. Chadman isn't convinced the OT's are better than 'ok' if they play the positions we currently have them tagged at.

After Adams, who is the next best LT? The drop-off from Adams to the next LT is huge. If the Steelers draft Adams, you can be sure that the team has done it's 'due diligence' in regard to his character. Has he been dumb?

Yes.

But if the coaches think they can develop him, if they feel he can keep his head on straight- the upside there is huge. Potentially- Adams is the #2 LT on the Draft board behind Kalil.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Rookie

User Info Menu

The tattoo "scandal" was BS and not a good reason for any player at any program to be suspended five games...

The marijuana? Flat out stupid...

The tattoos? BS...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If they want Adams, they need to trade back a few spots.. Maybe pick up an early third (meant second) rounder and a thrid. I would understand taking Adams in the first few picks in the 2nd... then taking a guard with their next second pick.. and then taking Chapman with their first of their third round picks. In my scenario
    trade 1 for a 2 and 3. take adams in the 2 and a guard with their other 2. then chapman in the 3rd. Idk if a team like the Rams would be interested in something like that (they have two second round picks. Maybe they move up to take a guy they really have their eye on (hightower or poe or someone). but no way do I take adams in the 1st. Hell I don't even know if the value for a trade like that is there.
    Last edited by birtikidis; 04-26-2012 at 11:49 AM.