Thread: Mayock's Top 100

Mayock's Top 100

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...spect-rankings

I won't repost the whole thing here, but just take a look at who he has ranked as his #24 overall player. Perhaps dreams can come true.

Starter
    David DeCastro is #24....PERFECT!!

Hall of Famer
    Stephen Gilmore at No.8???????? Wow.

I hope no one makes a run on OG thinking there are good OG in Rd 2 - Rd 4.

DeCastro and Glenn at 24 and 25 is interesting. Jonathan Martin at 34 hmmm.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Hall of Famer
    I really like Mayock. He understands and appreciates the details of the game that most analysts gloss over or don't fully comprehend.

His top 100, however, is pretty poorly constructed. Glenn and DeCastro are top 20 talents any way you slice it. If we end up with our choice of those two, I'll be completely shocked (and quite happy).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    We'll see what this former 10th round draft pick of the Pittsburgh Steelers in 1981 does with this top 100, when he releases his first and only mock draft tonight on NFL Network.

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I really like Mayock. He understands and appreciates the details of the game that most analysts gloss over or don't fully comprehend.

His top 100, however, is pretty poorly constructed. Glenn and DeCastro are top 20 talents any way you slice it. If we end up with our choice of those two, I'll be completely shocked (and quite happy).
    Casserly just released his latest mock, and he had DeCastro going 29 overall. Not that 2 people necessarily indicate a trend, but I suppose there is at least a glimmer of hope that DeCastro is there at 24.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-d...asserly/130110

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000...spect-rankings

I won't repost the whole thing here, but just take a look at who he has ranked as his #24 overall player. Perhaps dreams can come true.
    I saw his Top 100 last night on the NFL Network. I'd be a very happy fan if the actual draft panned out this way. I saw two additional mocks on the NFLN as well. One had DeCastro going #10 and the other #22....quite a spread in opinions.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Casserly just released his latest mock, and he had DeCastro going 29 overall. Not that 2 people necessarily indicate a trend, but I suppose there is at least a glimmer of hope that DeCastro is there at 24.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-d...asserly/130110
    If DeCastro lasts to 29 (i.e. we pass up on him), I will put a hit out on Colbert/Tomlin.

People have their opinions. This is all good theater and everything, but it's really fairly meaningless at the end of the day. Our recent DPOY's are an example that sometimes the experts get it right and sometimes they just don't.

Vontaze Burfict calls Mike Mayock’s assessment “hurtful”

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 25, 2012

When NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock referred to Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict as “a non-draftable kid,” it seemed to perfectly encapsulate what had happened to Burfict over the last several months: Once considered an elite talent, Burfict combined off-field problems, a lack of production on the field late in his college career and terrible performances at the Combine and his Pro Day to make himself look like he doesn’t belong in the NFL.

Burfict says he knows Mayock is just doing his job, but he also wants Mayock to know that his comments stung.

“If I could talk to him, I would ask him why is he being so hurtful to a young man and trying to trash me,” Burfict told Aaron Wilson of Scout.com. “I think about what he said with every rep that I do in the weight room. I use the criticism as motivation, but I like Mayock. I have a lot of respect for him. I would just ask him to be fair.”

Burfict neither confirmed nor denied the report that he failed a Combine drug test, but he acknowledged that he has used marijuana.

“I talked to some teams, and I told them I had smoked marijuana before,” Burfict said. “It’s not like I’m the only person that has ever done that.”

Burfict realizes that he won’t be the first-round pick he was once projected as, but he says he’s content because he believes his future is in God’s hands.

“I don’t care where I get drafted because God will place me somewhere great,” Burfict said. “Wherever I go, I will cherish it and play my hardest. I will be grateful for the opportunity and make the best of it. I can’t wait for that to happen.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...sment-hurtful/