Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ed Bouchette's Steelers chat transcript: 4.24.12

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Actually, I think that probably means they are hoping he falls to #24. Misinformation is the name of the game and don't think that the Steelers don't know they can use Bouchette to spread that misinformation. Bouchette is also probably a willing accomplice which is why he gets access that many other local reporters don't get. Tit for Tat!!!!
    You've been nailing it lately. $$$
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I personally think Bouchette has been fed lines of BS. I see no way the Steelers draft an unproven from a smaller school in the first. No way. This is smoke screen. The Steelers are wanting someone to fall...and I believe that to be Glenn.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I will LMAO if both Glenn and Poe both there and they take Poe. These boards will be toxic.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I will LMAO if both Glenn and Poe both there and they take Poe. These boards will be toxic.
    Wouldn't be the first time they took a big ugliy from a small school and it blew up in their face. Remember Jamain Stephens. My greatest fear about Poe is that he is the next Jamain Stephens.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Wouldn't be the first time they took a big ugliy from a small school and it blew up in their face. Remember Jamain Stephens. My greatest fear about Poe is that he is the next Jamain Stephens.
    I'm among the many that share that concern. A while back, Ruthless pointed out that Poe has a better pedigree than Stephens, which is fair, but in any event, he presents too much risk for my liking.

In the second, I'd be fine with Poe, but no thank you in the first.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Which means they'll probably pick him.

Ed said they didn't like Troy Edwards either.
    He is right.......they don't like Troy Edwards.

Legend

User Info Menu

If nothing else, Poe's performance at the combine should prove that he is in good enough shape to handle the run test.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I personally think Bouchette has been fed lines of BS. I see no way the Steelers draft an unproven from a smaller school in the first. No way. This is smoke screen. The Steelers are wanting someone to fall...and I believe that to be Glenn.
    OK, so if it's a smoke screen does that mean that they are after Fleener? Ed said that there was no way that they pick a TE @ #1.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    If nothing else, Poe's performance at the combine should prove that he is in good enough shape to handle the run test.

Bwahahahaha...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersrock151 View Post
    He also says that they would pick Poe over Hightower. Thats not going to go over well either.
    I'm a Hightower fan but I would't be upset w/ Poe. We need a future NT, I've been preaching that for the last several years and the Steelers ignored me... Now, it's turning into desperation time and the FO know it.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.