Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I sure hope that if Cordy Gleen falls to the Steelers...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I sure hope that if Cordy Gleen falls to the Steelers...

They draft him and put him at LT. Keep Gilbert at his natural RT spot and let Glenn be their LT for the next 12 years. He is a legitimate LT. Putting him at guard would be a waste.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I meant Cody Glenn. How do edit a thread title?

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't care if he is playing LT, RT or Guard as long as we have Cody Gleen aka Glenn
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I actually thought he played better at LT than G at the Senior Bowl so I am in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Cordy Gleen, Cody Glenn, and Cordy Glenn...I'd play one of them at tackle and the other two at guard.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Reiff may be in free fall, also. Short arms and all.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'm in....

LT or LG, I'm in!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    They draft him and put him at LT. Keep Gilbert at his natural RT spot and let Glenn be their LT for the next 12 years. He is a legitimate LT. Putting him at guard would be a waste.
    Sorry brother, but you are looking at this all wrong. If he's got the tools to plat LT, then maybe we get him over there eventually. But for now - on this line? He needs to play guard. You need the best five guys out there and Glenn is position capable at guard. He's not just capable, he'd represent a significant upgrade where we have the least amount of quality and depth. You could argue that this allows Colon to kick inside, but then we are putting all of our chips on his ability to transition into a starting guard - while the other guard spot is manned by barely adequate talent.

I'm sure Kugs and Haley will look at every conceivable combination to get the five best guys out there...and it may wind up that Glenn is the LT in that winning formula (provided we even draft him). You just can't say it would be a waste to put him at guard, if our weakest position is guard. It wasn't a waste to put Gilbert on the right side as a rookie; it wasn't a waste to put Dirt Dawson at guard as a rookie; and it wouldn't be a waste to put Glenn there, if it gives us the best line.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Sorry brother, but you are looking at this all wrong. If he's got the tools to plat LT, then maybe we get him over there eventually. But for now - on this line? He needs to play guard. You need the best five guys out there and Glenn is position capable at guard. He's not just capable, he'd represent a significant upgrade where we have the least amount of quality and depth. You could argue that this allows Colon to kick inside, but then we are putting all of our chips on his ability to transition into a starting guard - while the other guard spot is manned by barely adequate talent.

I'm sure Kugs and Haley will look at every conceivable combination to get the five best guys out there...and it may wind up that Glenn is the LT in that winning formula (provided we even draft him). You just can't say it would be a waste to put him at guard, if our weakest position is guard. It wasn't a waste to put Gilbert on the right side as a rookie; it wasn't a waste to put Dirt Dawson at guard as a rookie; and it wouldn't be a waste to put Glenn there, if it gives us the best line.
    Well said. You have to get him playing and the best players out there. Guard is where we are weakest talent wise.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Well said. You have to get him playing and the best players out there. Guard is where we are weakest talent wise.
    Yeah but by doing this you will then make T the weakest position. And that is the one position that could get Ben killed. The premier pass rusher come from there...hello? Like Terrel Suggs, DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller, Brian Orakpo, Osi Umenyiori, Jean Pierre-Paul, etc. All of whom are on the Steelers schedule next year.

We dont even know if Gilbert can handle LT. My guess is he will struggle there.