Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SKL's One Show Only....Mock

SKL's One Show Only....Mock

1) Cordy Glenn-OL-Georgia: One of the few players who could contribute day one. Can immediately start at LG where he played as a Junior and was a dominant run blocker. Offers the position versatility to play either Tackle spot the Steelers love.

2) Brandon Thompson-DT-Clemson: Another player who fills a need and could see rotational playing time as a rookie. Commands double teams with excellent quickness off the ball.

3) Isaiah Pead-RB-Cincy- Excellent speed to get the edge. Shifty open field runner with nifty feet in the hole. Shows excellent receiving skills.

4) Audie Cole-ILB-N.C. St.: Great motor. Excellent in pass coverage with good size and length. Smart player who diagnoses plays quickly. Is a FOOTBALL PLAYER

5) Kelvin Beachum-OL-SMU: Only thing keeping Beachum from being a legit OT prospect is lack of height. Has solid footwork and a good punch. Shows good leverage and strong pass pro technique. Can also long snap. 4 year starter. 2 years at LT.

6) Logan Harrell-DE-Fresno St.: Fantastic motor with good quickness off the snap. Plays to the whistle with good physicality. Nice pass rush skills and draws an extra blocker often.

7) Desmond Marrow-DB-Toledo: Prototype NFL size. Shows good man coverage skills and nice size/speed combo. Probably converts to FS but has plenty of CB experience.

7) Derek Moye-WR-PSU: Deceptive deep speed. Long frame. Not afraid to lay out for the ball. Long arms and solid hands. Consistently finds a way to gain separation despite his skinny frame.

7) Randy Bullock-k-TAMU: Please no more Slicem

7) Bradie Ewing-FB-Wisc: Lead blocker on the best running attack in the country.
    2015 Draft

1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Jordan Phillips-DT-Oklahoma
    3) Geneo Grissom-OLB-Oklahoma
    4) Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    5) Jonathan Mincy-CB-Auburn
    6) Justin Coleman-CB-Tenn
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

very good mock SKL, ever thought about doing this kinda thing for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    1) Cordy Glenn-OL-Georgia: One of the few players who could contribute day one. Can immediately start at LG where he played as a Junior and was a dominant run blocker. Offers the position versatility to play either Tackle spot the Steelers love.

2) Brandon Thompson-DT-Clemson: Another player who fills a need and could see rotational playing time as a rookie. Commands double teams with excellent quickness off the ball.

3) Isaiah Pead-RB-Cincy- Excellent speed to get the edge. Shifty open field runner with nifty feet in the hole. Shows excellent receiving skills.

4) Audie Cole-ILB-N.C. St.: Great motor. Excellent in pass coverage with good size and length. Smart player who diagnoses plays quickly. Is a FOOTBALL PLAYER

5) Kelvin Beachum-OL-SMU: Only thing keeping Beachum from being a legit OT prospect is lack of height. Has solid footwork and a good punch. Shows good leverage and strong pass pro technique. Can also long snap. 4 year starter. 2 years at LT.

6) Logan Harrell-DE-Fresno St.: Fantastic motor with good quickness off the snap. Plays to the whistle with good physicality. Nice pass rush skills and draws an extra blocker often.

7) Desmond Marrow-DB-Toledo: Prototype NFL size. Shows good man coverage skills and nice size/speed combo. Probably converts to FS but has plenty of CB experience.

7) Derek Moye-WR-PSU: Deceptive deep speed. Long frame. Not afraid to lay out for the ball. Long arms and solid hands. Consistently finds a way to gain separation despite his skinny frame.

7) Randy Bullock-k-TAMU: Please no more Slicem

7) Bradie Ewing-FB-Wisc: Lead blocker on the best running attack in the country.
    1 thru 3 I like very much. I would be very pleased if it went down that way. #4? So-so. Picks 5-7 plus? Yawn.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

Well Dee I could have spiced it up by using a 4th rounder on Derek Wolfe but seeing as how he won't last past pick 70 that wouldn't be realistic!!!
    2015 Draft

4) Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Well Dee I could have spiced it up by using a 4th rounder on Derek Wolfe but seeing as how he won't last past pick 70 that wouldn't be realistic!!!
    I dont know, is he at this stage any better than Aaron Smith was at the same? And when was Smitty selected?

I dont want to sabatoge your draft, by putting you check again...so I'll be nice. Your mock is great 1-3. No doubt.

good one, I love a great comeback line...

serie-touche1-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I dont know, is he at this stage any better than Aaron Smith was at the same? And when was Smitty selected?
    Smitty has paved the way for guys like Wolfe and he is precisely the reason why Wolfe will be a 2nd round pick. Smitty was an anomaly when drafted to one of the few 3-4 teams in the league.
    2015 Draft

4) Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Smitty has paved the way for guys like Wolfe and he is precisely the reason why Wolfe will be a 2nd round pick. Smitty was an anomaly when drafted to one of the few 3-4 teams in the league.
    Add to that simple supply & demand theory- back when Aaron Smith was drafted in Round 4, how many teams ran a 3-4 defense? Compare that to now- more teams want the "Aaron Smith's" now than they did back then. That's why 3-4 DE's are getting picked earlier- supply & demand. Another example is FB- used to get a good one around Round 4...now they are lucky to be drafted because so few teams use one..
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

The more I think about it, the more that I can see a player like Glenn free falling to us in round 1. QBs will be reached for, CBs will follow suit because "this is a passing league now". Maybe a couple of receivers climb if/when Floyd is picked early and teams need to jump because a top WR might not be available when we need him.

With all of that over drafting, someone has to fall. My guess is that it will be a player who plays a position that "you don't draft so high" like guard. Unless some team is seriously thinking about starting Glenn at OT day 1, he projects to be drafted as a guard/project tackle and all of the other true tackles go before him.