Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mister Pittsburgh's first & last 2012 Mock

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Question- how much better is a Zeitler than say, Washington out of Miami? 1 is projected early 2nd, one late 3rd to early 4th? The point- there is real depth at OG, and it MIGHT be worth getting players from weaker positions (draft weakness- eg FS/NT/ILB) & selecting the 9th best OG. Chances are, a guy like Washington still starts on Day 1 anyway...

Just another way of thinking about it..
    The question is not "who is better". I have heard experts who state that Zeitler is an automatic 10 year starter, and others who say that there is not much there and that he is overrated.

The question is "how much higher does our FO rate this guy over the others".

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Seems like this year will be a crapshoot with a lot of positions. We need a high quality draft so I hope Colbert is on his game.

I am leaning toward hoping we trade down or out of the first completely to acquire more early picks.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 04-24-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I am leaning toward hoping we trade down or out of the first completely to acquire more early picks.

I don't believe Colbert has ever traded down out of the first round before, guess there's always a first time but I don't think it's his philosophy to do so.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I don't believe Colbert has ever traded down out of the first round before, guess there's always a first time but I don't think it's his philosophy to do so.
    The only time he has traded down in the first was for Casey.

The only two times he has traded up in the first was for Troy and Santonio.

He has never traded out of the first entirely. My Rams trade suggestion would be a trade out of the first, but just barely...in that situation we'd have the first pick of the second round (our choice to sleep on it and choose the best guy who was passed over in the first 32 picks on Thursday night).

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    1 Jonathan Martin OT Stanford*
    2 Derek Wolfe DE Cincinnati
    3 Isaiah Pead RB Cincinnati
    4 Audie Cole ILB NC State
    5 Janzen Jackson FS McNeese State
    6 Devon Wylie WR Fresno State
    7 Adrian Hamilton OLB Prairie View
    7 Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M
    7 George Bryan TE NC State
    7 Eric Page WR Toledo

Only comments are yes, Janzen Jackson has character questions but could easily be the best FS in the draft. Sometimes as youths people screw up hard before finding their way. Might be worth the risk. I like small school players later in the draft as some could be diamonds that fell due to school size rather than playing ability.

Oh well, my one and only shot at a draft I think would be really solid if it panned out this way. Go Steelers!
    I'll start with the negative: 3 WRs? Really? Uh-uh! Maybe one in the late rounds. And there is no way the Steelers come out of this 10 pick draft without a QB. Not happening! If Charlie Batch is the #2 QB right now, that is understandable. If he is on opening day, that's unacceptable. We should be able to get a QB who at least has the ability to ride shotgun w/Ben in the final 3 rounds.

Now, the positive: I'm okay with Jonathan Martin. He'll be a serviceable pick for us and will be an asset for the line for years to come. Rounds 2 through 4 are awesome and Audie Cole in the 4th would be a steal!

Overall, the top of the draft rates above average. After Round 5 looks like a mail-in. On balance, the upper rounds are the ones that matter. Grade: B!
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The only time he has traded down in the first was for Casey.

The only two times he has traded up in the first was for Troy and Santonio.

He has never traded out of the first entirely. My Rams trade suggestion would be a trade out of the first, but just barely...in that situation we'd have the first pick of the second round (our choice to sleep on it and choose the best guy who was passed over in the first 32 picks on Thursday night).
    I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a trade down by the Steelers in this draft, especially if it can get us an extra 3rd Round pick. The 3rd, IMHO, is where most of the value in this draft lies.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!