Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
That's why I prefaced my comment with "As Far As I Know..."

Take it easy, keyboard warrior.
Not a keyboard warrior....just didn't see how on one hand you are saying I am taking huge leaps of judgement when I wasn't at all, but then your information was incorrect. Took that the wrong way I suppose. Sorry for that.

Have had bad experiences trying to simply chat about my other two favorite teams from Pittsburgh on MB's lately where any time you say anything it turns into some BS debate where you feel like you need a law degree to even talk without being blasted. Kind of takes the fun out of simply chatting about your favorite team with other fans.

Chadman, was referring to McLellin. Just saw him at 27 to the Pats in Walterfootballs latest Mock and it just got me thinking about this whole OLB-ILB thing. Harrison was originally an ILB, Timmons an OLB, and it is now being discussed that Worilds will attempt to move inside. Kind of makes me think 1) Tomlin is full of crap saying we needed OLB depth instead of ILB when passing over SEan Lee for Worilds....kind of ironic now that they want Worilds to try and move inside and Sean Lee is a totall badass inside already and 2) if it is a huge deal to maybe reach a little for a guy you like like picking Timmons at 15 when most mocks had him ranked in the later portion of the first round. Would that same mentality apply to taking someone like McLellin who most predict early 2nd when at 24 as long as the Steelers feel he is their guy? I have read the Pats are real high on him and see him as a Vrabel type OLB.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify with you Shoe that I wasn't trying to come off as a jerk. Also, being that I am not sold on taking Hightower or really, it seems like anyone that would be sitting there at 24 (in most mocks it seems the quality is way down by our pick), then I wouldn't have an issue if they reached a little for a guy who can come in and stud.