Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OLB vs ILB

Legend

User Info Menu

For the record- if the Steelers ARE going OLB at some stage in the first 2 rounds- Mercilus & Bruce Irvin would be the 2 Chadman would consider the best options.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Harrison was an ILB. Do some research before running your mouth. He was an ILB and the primary backup at both ILB & OLB. But yeah, I'm sure he has no clue. His back has been what ails him. You think him being a 6' tall LB going up against 6'5"+ has anything to do with that?
    That's why I prefaced my comment with "As Far As I Know..."

Take it easy, keyboard warrior.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it would be great, but i just don't see Worilds being able to hold up against the run in the middle.
    Not being funny- but can you explain why? He's 260lbs, which is bigger than Farrior ever was, and quite agile.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    That's why I prefaced my comment with "As Far As I Know..."

Take it easy, keyboard warrior.

There may have been a slight over reaction in there somewhere, Chadman suspects...

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    For the record- if the Steelers ARE going OLB at some stage in the first 2 rounds- Mercilus & Bruce Irvin would be the 2 Chadman would consider the best options.
    Too much baggage for my taste re: Irvin.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I hope all this talk of taking more LBs in the first 2 rounds is a moot point. We need big uglies now as in an OT, 2 OGs, and a NT, Casey and Colon are no guarantees to perform at a high level early this season if at all. At least we have Harrison, Timmons, Foote, Sylvester, and Woodley to start this year at full strength.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Too much baggage for my taste re: Irvin.
    Read an interesting report on him that suggets that the way he interviewed & addressed his previous issues may actually get people onside with him- a guy that went through the tough times & emerged a better man- sort of deal.

In Chadman's opinion, there is NO BETTER pass rusher in the draft.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    I hope all this talk of taking more LBs in the first 2 rounds is a moot point. We need big uglies now as in an OT, 2 OGs, and a NT, Casey and Colon are no guarantees to perform at a high level early this season if at all. At least we have Harrison, Timmons, Foote, Sylvester, and Woodley to start this year at full strength.
    I agree. IMO, G and OT are our biggest needs. It just seems like the Steelers FO places higher value on defense and pass rushers especially. If one of the premiere pass-rushers fell to us I don't think they would be able to resist.

Another AS masterpiece.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    In Chadman's opinion, there is NO BETTER pass rusher in the draft.
    I am a fan of Bruce Irvin.

If Steelers want an OLB then i would go with Bruce Irvin or Nick Perry. BTW how can anyone go wrong with a PREDATOR aka Bruce Irvin
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

More defense early in this draft will doom any attempts Haley makes to improve the offense. We've got about 5 more year of ben being the starting QB. I would prefer he was not injured on the sideline for a significant part of that time. We need OL. Defense does not win in today's NFL, offense wins.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"