Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OLB vs ILB

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar

OLB vs ILB

What would be a more dominant front 7...

Mclellin
    Keisel
    Harrison
    Hampton
    Timmons
    Hood
    Woodley

or

Harrison
    Keisel
    Timmons
    Hampton
    Hightower
    Hood
    Woodley

Just wondering with Harrison having the ability to play ILB and his age causing him some back issues hindering his pass rush, would it make more sense to take Hightower or Shea Mclellin who has flown up draft boards? I am not sold on Worilds and am unsure about Carter.

Just something I am throwing out there for discussion purposes.

OLB - Harrison, Woodley, Worilds, Carter

ILB - Timmons, Harrison, Foote, Sylvester

Where is Heyward?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Where is Heyward?
    Well I don't see him taking Keisels job so I assume rotating in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Where is Heyward?
    I was thinking the same thing, Heyward is probably better now then Hood at DE, which is why they are discussing moving Hood to DT right?

Either way, regarding Hood or Heyward at DE or NT, any thoughts on the LB issue? The reason I brought it up is I liked McLellin but thought he would be long gone by our pick in the 2nd, then saw on Walterfootballs latest rendition of their mock they have Shea going off at the Patriots pick at 27, only three draft slots after ours.

I think OLB is a definite need. I'm all for picking up an OLB prospect in round one and an ILB later if there isn't good o-line value at pick #24.

We had several games where either Woodley or Harrison were out last year and IMO, Worilds was a liability. Woodley is probably the best pass rusher in the NFL but it's hard to compare him with his peers when he spends so much time either injured or fighting through nagging injuries every season. Harrison is well into his 30s and had back surgery.

I like the line-up of:

Harrison/ Mercilus Whitney
    Keisel
    Sylvester
    Hampton
    Timmons
    Heyward
    Woodley/ Mercilus Whitney
    BnB Mock 2014
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
    3. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
    4. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
    5. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
    5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
    7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (went to BnB's Los Alamitos High School)

Another AS masterpiece.

Could definitely be a different OLB then McLellin. After some research I see the Steelers couldn't even be bothered to be one of 28 teams with a representative there at the Boise Pro Day.

no offense, but there is no way in hell woodley is the best pass rusher in the NFL. And taking a project OLB in round 1 would be a terrible move. This team has too many holes right now.

there is a need at OLB. I believe that worilds was a terrible pick and will never produce many meaningful plays. however, at this moment ILB seems to be of greater need. both positions could use some quality depth. If Carter can actually contribute, that would be a huge plus going forward.

I understand harrison missed some time last year, but he has not shown himself to miss alot of games. I think he will be fine this year and can be very productive for the next two.

The Steelers took a huge project OLB much higher then 24 in Timmons when everyone & their brother had him much lower.

Pro Bowler
    As for McClellin, I'm all for selecting him but 24 seems a little high. The Steelers spoke with him at the combine so I wouldn't read anything into not being there for the pro-day. The one thing that concerns me with him is that he supposedly has had 3 concussions...major potential issue there.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...