Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I sure hope that if Cordy Gleen falls to the Steelers...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    His name is Kevin Zeitler and I think drafting him to play Guard is exactly what we should do. All this nonsense about #24 is 10-15 picks too early is well....nonsense. These ranking number are nothing but opinions. Look at what he can do for the team and ignore the numbers.
    I would be totally cool with Zeitler at 24.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    So why cant you trade back 10-15 spots, draft him where he should go, and pick up another 3rd round pick?

Seems like common sense to me.
    For that you'd need a partner. If you could find one, that's cool. If not, you wouldn't have the option. I'm personally not into getting any OL in the first round. However, the FO might have other ideas.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I would be totally cool with Zeitler at 24.
    Me too if he's as good as Logan Mankins, which is what some are saying.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TD386Steel View Post
    Me too if he's as good as Logan Mankins, which is what some are saying.
    I realize it's only one opinion, but the below excerpt also mentions that Zeitler led the nation in knockdown blocks with an incredible 142 and had 33 blocks which resulted in TDs. Wow.

04/02/12 - NFL DRAFT SCOUT TOP OFFENSIVE LINEMEN: Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin, 6-4, 314...A perfectionist, Zeitler expects more out of himself than anybody else could in class, the weight room and on the field. His anxious nitpicking is noticed and not always well-accepted by classmates, teachers and teammates. But it is opposing defenders who pay the price when the sum of his hard work pays off on the field. So, as expected, scouting reports show he does just about everything according to the book to his best ability -- and he has plenty of ability. Zeitler added a significant amount of lean mass in his college career and used it well. According NFL Draft Report statistics, he led college football with 142 knockdown blocks and had 33 blocks that resulted in touchdowns, obviously a major reason Wisconsin had a per-game average of 44.62 points and 467 total yards, including 237 on the ground. - Frank Cooney, The Sports Xchange
    Last edited by Flasteel; 04-21-2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: font color

Legend

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchette's chat transcript 4/24/12:

BillinSF: Why have you "soured a little bit on Cordy Glenn"?

Ed Bouchette: Because I heard they did not have him ranked as high as I thought they might.

[URL="http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/116079-ed-bouchettes-steelers-chat-transcript-42412"]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...anscript-42412[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Ed Bouchette's chat transcript 4/24/12:

BillinSF: Why have you "soured a little bit on Cordy Glenn"?

Ed Bouchette: Because I heard they did not have him ranked as high as I thought they might.

[URL="http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/116079-ed-bouchettes-steelers-chat-transcript-42412"]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...anscript-42412[/URL]
    And if you believe ANYTHING that an NFL teams says the week before the draft, you are a great fool.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    And if you believe ANYTHING that an NFL teams says the week before the draft, you are a great fool.
    I agree, but it seems like Glenn has lost some of his momentum over the course of the last month. Not sure why unless there are real concerns about his fitness and doubts that his fitness would actually let him go outside to OT. Keep in mind he shot up the boards because of the possibility to play on the outside. If he was a Guard only he would be late-1st/early-2nd.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree, but it seems like Glenn has lost some of his momentum over the course of the last month. Not sure why unless there are real concerns about his fitness and doubts that his fitness would actually let him go outside to OT. Keep in mind he shot up the boards because of the possibility to play on the outside. If he was a Guard only he would be late-1st/early-2nd.
    That works for me...if other teams think he's a guard only and therefore don't take him in the first 23 picks, then I'd take him at #24 and then play him as a guard. To me, the possibility that he could also play tackle is merely an extra added bonus.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Guards don't gain momentum as the draft approaches. That is usually reserved for more glamorous positions. QBs and tackles jump higher now. Perhaps some corners, receivers, and backs as well. Guards, Centers, Linerbackers.....they have had their run already.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Guards don't gain momentum as the draft approaches. That is usually reserved for more glamorous positions. QBs and tackles jump higher now. Perhaps some corners, receivers, and backs as well. Guards, Centers, Linerbackers.....they have had their run already.
    That was my point. Glenn was rising because of the thought he could play OT. If less people think that is not true then he is going to drop.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"