Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams Tested Positive for Pot at Combine

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Adams Tested Positive for Pot at Combine

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/19/report-mike-adams-tested-positive-for-pot-at-scouting-combine/[/URL]

I hope this takes him off the Steelers' draft board.

I find it absolutely incomprehensible that somebody could fail a drug test that they know they are going to take.

Legend

User Info Menu

Stupidio Holmes must have taken the same class in "Idiot 101" as Adams did.

It would be great if the league would not let Adams be drafted and force him to sign as a UDFA.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/19/report-mike-adams-tested-positive-for-pot-at-scouting-combine/[/URL]

I find it absolutely incomprehensible that somebody could fail a drug test that they know they are going to take.

I agree, to me it shows that they dont care. I do not want someone like that
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Stupidio Holmes must have taken the same class in "Idiot 101" as Adams did.

It would be great if the league would not let Adams be drafted and force him to sign as a UDFA.
    That would be great! Somebody would get a steal, but he wouldn't get the big fat rookie deal either.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post

This kid was an overrated joke even before the positive test for marijuana at the combine.

Legend

User Info Menu

The drug test at the Combine is more like an intelligence test...to "weed" out the absolute imbeciles who are stupid enough to fail a test that they know is coming.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Administrator

User Info Menu

YES... For 2 reasons....

1) The Steelers definitely won't pick him
    2) Confirms that he's a complete moron and is probably not smart enough to learn the blocking schemes anyway.

In regards to #2 above, why would these guys throw away an opportunity like this?!? It never seems to amaze me how dumb some of these players are.

Even **IF** you smoke weed, why wouldn't you just quit for the 30 days, cleanse your body, etc so you don't FAIL the biggest drug test of your life.? I mean, seriously....These guys have $hit for brains.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    YES... For 2 reasons....

1) The Steelers definitely won't pick him
    2) Confirms that he's a complete moron and is probably not smart enough to learn the blocking schemes anyway.

In regards to #2 above, why would these guys throw away an opportunity like this?!? It never seems to amaze me how dumb some of these players are.

Even **IF** you smoke weed, why wouldn't you just quit for the 30 days, cleanse your body, etc so you don't FAIL the biggest drug test of your life.? I mean, seriously....These guys have $hit for brains.
    Adams isn't even that good anyway. He is taken to school on a regular basis by speed rushers, is soft, has a questionable work ethic, essentially gives away when his team would throw the ball and obviously doesn't seem to love football as he would rather smoke some pot than get ready for the combine. This also shows what a first class nutcase he is.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ryan Kerrigan constantly abused him when Kerrigan was still at Purdue and J.J. Watt did the same when Wisconsin would actually turn him loose to go after Pryor (for the most part, he stayed back so they could contain Pryor in the run game). For 2011, Whitney Mercilus also greatly abused him and heck, even an average prospect like Penn State's Jack Crawford (projected 4th or 5th round pick) got the better of him. Also, a Penn State player who isn't even a projected draft pick (Nathan Stupar) made him look absolutely stupid on one play in the same game Crawford was getting the better of him.

Legend

User Info Menu

And this was one of my main concerns. Either he is stupid or he is an addict. Either way he just fell off the Steelers radar. Guess I need a final Mock part 2
    Trolls are people too.