Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Mike Adams Tested Positive for Pot at Combine

  1. #1

    Mike Adams Tested Positive for Pot at Combine

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uting-combine/

    I hope this takes him off the Steelers' draft board.

    I find it absolutely incomprehensible that somebody could fail a drug test that they know they are going to take.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,454
    Stupidio Holmes must have taken the same class in "Idiot 101" as Adams did.

    It would be great if the league would not let Adams be drafted and force him to sign as a UDFA.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #3
    Starter
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uting-combine/

    I hope this takes him off the Steelers' draft board.

    I find it absolutely incomprehensible that somebody could fail a drug test that they know they are going to take.

    I agree, to me it shows that they dont care. I do not want someone like that

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Stupidio Holmes must have taken the same class in "Idiot 101" as Adams did.

    It would be great if the league would not let Adams be drafted and force him to sign as a UDFA.
    That would be great! Somebody would get a steal, but he wouldn't get the big fat rookie deal either.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uting-combine/

    I hope this takes him off the Steelers' draft board.

    I find it absolutely incomprehensible that somebody could fail a drug test that they know they are going to take.
    This kid was an overrated joke even before the positive test for marijuana at the combine.

  6. #6
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,358
    The drug test at the Combine is more like an intelligence test...to "weed" out the absolute imbeciles who are stupid enough to fail a test that they know is coming.

  7. #7
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,506
    YES... For 2 reasons....

    1) The Steelers definitely won't pick him
    2) Confirms that he's a complete moron and is probably not smart enough to learn the blocking schemes anyway.

    In regards to #2 above, why would these guys throw away an opportunity like this?!? It never seems to amaze me how dumb some of these players are.

    Even **IF** you smoke weed, why wouldn't you just quit for the 30 days, cleanse your body, etc so you don't FAIL the biggest drug test of your life.? I mean, seriously....These guys have $hit for brains.

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    YES... For 2 reasons....

    1) The Steelers definitely won't pick him
    2) Confirms that he's a complete moron and is probably not smart enough to learn the blocking schemes anyway.

    In regards to #2 above, why would these guys throw away an opportunity like this?!? It never seems to amaze me how dumb some of these players are.

    Even **IF** you smoke weed, why wouldn't you just quit for the 30 days, cleanse your body, etc so you don't FAIL the biggest drug test of your life.? I mean, seriously....These guys have $hit for brains.
    Adams isn't even that good anyway. He is taken to school on a regular basis by speed rushers, is soft, has a questionable work ethic, essentially gives away when his team would throw the ball and obviously doesn't seem to love football as he would rather smoke some pot than get ready for the combine. This also shows what a first class nutcase he is.

  9. #9
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    41
    Ryan Kerrigan constantly abused him when Kerrigan was still at Purdue and J.J. Watt did the same when Wisconsin would actually turn him loose to go after Pryor (for the most part, he stayed back so they could contain Pryor in the run game). For 2011, Whitney Mercilus also greatly abused him and heck, even an average prospect like Penn State's Jack Crawford (projected 4th or 5th round pick) got the better of him. Also, a Penn State player who isn't even a projected draft pick (Nathan Stupar) made him look absolutely stupid on one play in the same game Crawford was getting the better of him.

  10. #10
    And this was one of my main concerns. Either he is stupid or he is an addict. Either way he just fell off the Steelers radar. Guess I need a final Mock part 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •