Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If all these players are rising.... then

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I was recently thinking about just this. Look at all of the guys who are rising up the board. Also consider the possibilities of a run on a certain position. Remember the 2008 draft. A lot of people here who were posting mocks had us taking a player like Duane Brown in the fourth. He went just three picks after our first rounder. I can see this happening at CB this year as the league goes more towards a passing league. A couple of months ago Claiborne was the only first round talent with Gilmore's name also popping in there. A couple of others were fringe first/second rounders. I would not be surprised to see Kirkpatrick and Jenkins all picked ahead of us.

The other position is QB. Once again we have two first round talents and some other guys as well. Now it is a foregone conclusion that Tannehill cracks the top ten. I will bet that one of Cousins, Weeden, or Osweiler gets overdrafted and lands ahead of us.

Question is, which teams will do the overdrafting and which players fall to us?
    The Steelers could even be near the point where a team would want to trade back into the first for a QB. If the Steelers could get a top 10-12 pick in the second, plus something like another first next year or a package of picks, a trade down could make sense.

If a lineman that the Steelers like falls near 18-20, the Steelers could also in a position to make a move up. Should be interesting to watch.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Whitney Mercilus...& if so, they should race that card up to the podium.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...