Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If all these players are rising.... then

If all these players are rising.... then

Who is falling?

This happens every single year. Players rise because of pro days and combine results. You have guys like Poe, Gilmore, etc that are now "guaranteed" first rounders. Ryan Tannehill has risen and many others.

During draft season, some of the 2 most common statements are:

"<Enter Player Name> will never be there by the time we pick"
    "<Enter Player Name> will be long gone by the time we pick"

History proves that this isn't always the case. 3 Examples: Big Ben, Mendenhall, Heath Miller. Neither of these 3 were supposed to fall to us but they did.

So, if these players are rising then who falls? I'm not asking who you WANT to fall. I'm asking who you THINK will fall.

I was recently thinking about just this. Look at all of the guys who are rising up the board. Also consider the possibilities of a run on a certain position. Remember the 2008 draft. A lot of people here who were posting mocks had us taking a player like Duane Brown in the fourth. He went just three picks after our first rounder. I can see this happening at CB this year as the league goes more towards a passing league. A couple of months ago Claiborne was the only first round talent with Gilmore's name also popping in there. A couple of others were fringe first/second rounders. I would not be surprised to see Kirkpatrick and Jenkins all picked ahead of us.

The other position is QB. Once again we have two first round talents and some other guys as well. Now it is a foregone conclusion that Tannehill cracks the top ten. I will bet that one of Cousins, Weeden, or Osweiler gets overdrafted and lands ahead of us.

Question is, which teams will do the overdrafting and which players fall to us?

And this is why it would not be shocking if Glenn or even DeCastro fell to 24...

Teams often reach for a position of more perceived value as opposed to choosing a better talent at a "less important" position, like OG....

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And this is why it would not be shocking if Glenn or even DeCastro fell to 24...

Teams often reach for a position of more perceived value as opposed to choosing a better talent at a "less important" position, like OG....
    It would be sweet if they fell to #24 but not sure they go that far. I do think one of them (most likely Glenn) will be sitting at the #19 or #20 area and then we will have to make a decision whether to go up and get them.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    The player i think will fall is Cordy Glenn and one of the OT..J Martin or Reiff.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

Not sure about DeCastro but i have feeling Glenn will be avilable at 1.24 for the reason stated above. Also this year draft has quite a few Interior O-linemen. Only way Cordy Glenn might be off the board if teams think Glenn can play LT.

Big question is will Steelers draft Glenn if he is available at 1.24? I have not seen any interest in Cordy Glenn by Steelers.
    Steelers Draft

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    The player i think will fall is Cordy Glenn and one of the OT..J Martin or Reiff.
    The first three picks in your mock in your signature would be a great draft IMO. Starting out with Glenn would be a great start.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The first three picks in your mock in your signature would be a great draft IMO. Starting out with Glenn would be a great start.
    Thanks Ovi. I would prefer Josh Chapman/Mike Martin over Taamu though. Need to update the signature.

I think Steelers are going to draft someone from Univ of Miami. Entire Steelers brass was there on pro-day. I don't think Tomlin, Colbert and Haley went there to burn the frequent flier miles.

Steelers normally don't bring in their 1st Rd pick for a visit. Well Pouncey came for a visit so there goes my theory.
    Steelers Draft

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I saw a mock draft from an "expert" somewhere that had us picking Reilly Reif at #24. Maybe he falls like Bulaga did a couple of years ago to the Pack?
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    I saw a mock draft from an "expert" somewhere that had us picking Reilly Reif at #24. Maybe he falls like Bulaga did a couple of years ago to the Pack?
    Jason LaCanfora from NFL network said a lot of teams are low on Reiff because of his short arms, and he expects Reiff to fall to the later part of the first round.
    In related news, apparently Mike Adams failed his drug test at the Combine. So don't think we'll be taking him in the first.