Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Peter King's Si Mock Draft

23 RAVENS FROM LIONS
    WILL PICK
    Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
    SHOULD PICK
    Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama
    For years Baltimore has wanted a top-shelf playmaking linebacker to be trained by Ray Lewis. Here he is. I see the Ravens swapping first-round spots with Detroit (who'll receive a third-rounder too) to sneak in front of the Steelers, because Hightower is a Dick LeBeau special—heavy and fast. Another positive: He was a two-year captain for Nick Saban.

24 STEELERS
    WILL PICK
    Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
    SHOULD PICK
    Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin
    Pittsburgh's got to stop treating its offensive-line problems with stopgaps and take a tough guy like Zeitler, whom I've heard compared to Logan Mankins. A 6'4", 315-pound masher, Zeitler will step in on opening day next to Maurkice Pouncey and give the Steelers the stability in front of Ben Roethlisberger that they've lacked for the last several years.

[URL]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1197390/14/index.htm[/URL]

That would truly be very disappointing. If the Ravens get Hightower and the Steelers dont, it will come back to haunt them.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

Disagree. I'd rather have Shea McClellin than Hightower. They're essentially the same player except McClellin is a better pass rusher and isn't a liability in coverage. Hightower is better against the run, but McClellin is fine against the run.

Legend

User Info Menu

Might be a little early but I'd be happy with Zeitler. Addressing the o-line, specifically Guard, should be the Steelers #1 priority.

LETS GO PENS!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Six spots for only a 3rd round pick, that seems cheap? It's funny I keep hearing that Inside Linebacker is'nt that valuable alot of mock drafts have Dont'a going as late as the Giants at 32. Personaly Hightower is my choice at 24, and I have not heard anyone say that Kevin Zeitler is as good as Logan Mankins?! I would be disappointed if we took Zeitler at 24.

Starter

User Info Menu

According to Dan Banks' mock draft at SI: Ravens get Hightower (whom we passed on), we don't address the OL, and McClellin goes to the Patsies. He has us taking Dontari Poe

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pouncey53Fan View Post
    Disagree. I'd rather have Shea McClellin than Hightower. They're essentially the same player except McClellin is a better pass rusher and isn't a liability in coverage. Hightower is better against the run, but McClellin is fine against the run.
    Uhhhhh no, Shea McClellin is an Outside LB/DE, Donta Hightower is an ILB. Oranges to Apples. Shea McClellin cannot play ILB in a 3-4.If you put him there he then will be out of position and he will then be the liability. Hightower already played the position in a 3-4 and excelled at it.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well the trade up part would have me dancing in my living room. If the Ravens want to give up a 3rd for a player that may fall to them...Go right ahead...Let me hold the door for you! You also just passed on a WR, OLB, and Birk's replacement. You gave up alot thinking you would make a division team weaker by taking a player you think they like. That looks like a win for the Steelers. Besides....The Ravens will get the steal of this draft. At some point, I expect them to draft Burfict. Burfict and Ray Lewis have reached out to each other on different occasions. I also know the tape of sophmore player "Burfict" was liked by the Steelers but don't know much damage has been done since then in the Steelers eyes.

That is hard to follow but did my eyes deceive me and Glenn not go in the 1st? If Glenn is there...He would be the pick. Steelers won't reach on Zeitler at #24. I'm a Zeitler fan but this is a good draft for Gs in the 2-4 range. No need to pick from the field when steak is on the table.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Uhhhhh no, Shea McClellin is an Outside LB/DE, Donta Hightower is an ILB. Oranges to Apples. Shea McClellin cannot play ILB in a 3-4.If you put him there he then will be out of position and he will then be the liability. Hightower already played the position in a 3-4 and excelled at it.
    Mcclellin played many positions at Boise. He was on the LOS with his hand in the dirt and standing up. He was also in the middle in sub packages. If you remember, McClellin played inside & outside at the Senior Bowl and got very good reviews. He raised some eyebrows in coverage because he looked good in space. I do believe he will be better at OLB and has the ability to move inside in sub. McClellin is a better pass rusher than Hightower off the edge. Hightower is better between the tackles. Mcllelin looks to be a more gifted athlete. His stock is rising because of how fluid he looked running through LB drills at his proday. I believe McClellin's upside is better than Hightower's at their respective positions. Hightower is more NFL ready. Hightower had a more productive year in 2011 and that can't be ignored. I would be surprised to see McClellin go before Hightower but I wouldn't be surprised to see McClellin sneak into the 1st round.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see McClellin sneak into the 1st round.
    Green Bay Packers like Shea McClellin a lot. I think they draft him in Rd 1.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    Green Bay Packers like Shea McClellin a lot. I think they draft him in Rd 1.
    New England also might be interested in using one of their two late first rounders on him.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.