Thread: Week 4 - bye

Week 4 - bye

I don't think I like that. Pretty much useless having it so early. 5 prime time games in the first 11 weeks isnt too bad though

As long as we don't have to wear those throwback uni's on anything televised. I'm already getting crap... from BENGALS fans!

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Bengals fans are used to black & white stripes with more then two digit numbers.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    As long as we don't have to wear those throwback uni's on anything televised. I'm already getting crap... from BENGALS fans!
    Hey! Ugly uniforms with stripes are Cincinnati trademark!

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    I don't think I like that. Pretty much useless having it so early. 5 prime time games in the first 11 weeks isnt too bad though
    I like that the first 3 prime time games are away (night games screw with my travel/work schedule).

Of course, then having 2 primetime games at home within 6 days of each other sucks for me.

One possible benefit of the early bye...if guys who were injured late in the season (like Mendenhall, Hampton, Max Starks...if we bring him back again) are not able to play in the first month (or can play but are limited early on), then having the early bye can be useful, since they may only miss 3 games instead of 4 (unless, of course, they start the season on PUP, then they have to miss the first 6 games regardless).

A week 4 bye isn't the best, but as they say "it is what it is".

Hopefully we'll be in a really good groove and have a solid momentum built going into the playoffs.

I am choosing to look at the week four bye kind of like I look at the times we haven't had the bye week going into the playoffs. It seems to work for us.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!