Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dee Dub's Final Steeler Draft!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerkeylargo View Post
    I will be shocked if Wolfe gets out of the top 75 picks.
    SKL--I really like you Mock in your signature. Would prefer to see one more OL though.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Dub, I like your approach. I think Hightower and Zeitler give the Steelers two solid starters, and if they could grab Wolfe in the 4th (I've seen him everywhere from 1st - 4th in mocks) he could be a great addition to the Dline. He has the size that the Steelers look for in their ends. I might try to work a scat back type into the draft in the 6th, but otherwise, I like it.

Hall of Famer
    I would be disappointed if Steelers drafted Hightower in Rd 1. But i think he might be the pick in Rd 1. I hope Steelers trade down if Hightower is going to be the pick. I would like to see Steelers draft an OT and OG in this draft. J Scott is not the answer and Gilbert is a big question mark at LT.

It would be a pleasant surprise if Wolfe is there in 4th Rd.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I would be disappointed if Steelers drafted Hightower in Rd 1. But i think he might be the pick in Rd 1. I hope Steelers trade down if Hightower is going to be the pick. I would like to see Steelers draft an OT and OG in this draft. J Scott is not the answer and Gilbert is a big question mark at LT.

It would be a pleasant surprise if Wolfe is there in 4th Rd.
    I also want two OL in this draft. IMO Hightower=smokescreen
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Two openings on the O line. Neither guard position is written in pen.

I could see the team going into camp with a wide open competition for two guard spots between Foster, Legs, and two reasonably high picks, with an outside shot to a guy like Essex or Scott who also play OT, and a guy like Malecki.

At tackle you have Gilbert and Colon written in pen, but someone has to keep the white-out handy. One has not played in two years, and one is a soph who is making a move to the blind side. Beyond that you have as backups right now J. Scott, Trevis Turner, the possibility of C. Scott and Essex. Somewhere in there you'd think that there is room for a Mike Adams/Jonathon Martin, Bobby Massie.

Sorry guys, regardless of what you think, the Steelers have made it publicly known about their O-line for next year. They are pleased with Ramon Foster at RG and are counting on Willie Colon returning at RT. I know it kills you, but these are facts. Sorry.

And as far as Derek Wolfe is concerned, I used Cbssports.com/NFLDraftScout.com (Rob Rang), player rankings and they have Wolfe at 138.

Good enough for me.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    For discussion sake, what if the Steelers don't have the same fixation on Hightower? Who do you pick #1?
    No sense in doing this...Steelers are very much interested in Hightower. They made that known during the combine and again brought him in last week for another interview.

If "IF" was a "Fifth"....we'd all be drunk.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Sorry guys, regardless of what you think, the Steelers have made it publicly known about their O-line for next year. They are pleased with Ramon Foster at RG and are counting on Willie Colon returning at RT. I know it kills you, but these are facts. Sorry.

And as far as Derek Wolfe is concerned, I used Cbssports.com/NFLDraftScout.com (Rob Rang), player rankings and they have Wolfe at 138.

Good enough for me.
    I think CBS misses Chad Reuter. Rang simply doesn't do half the work Chad does.
    2015 Draft

1) P.J. Williams-CB-Florida St.
    2) Jordan Phillips-DT-Oklahoma
    3) Geneo Grissom-OLB-Oklahoma
    4) Clint Trickett-QB-WVU
    5) Jonathan Mincy-CB-Auburn
    6) Justin Coleman-CB-Tenn
    7) Spencer Roth-P-Baylor

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    No sense in doing this...Steelers are very much interested in Hightower. They made that known during the combine and again brought him in last week for another interview.

If "IF" was a "Fifth"....we'd all be drunk.
    Just because I like you and you post such good info, I promise not to say "I told you so!"

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Just because I like you and you post such good info, I promise not to say "I told you so!"
    Likewise Ovi.
    Steelers 2014 Draft