Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dee Dub's Final Steeler Draft!

Dee Dub's Final Steeler Draft!

Ok I have to be realistic. Even though for months I’ve had Kevin Zeitler and Harrison Smith going to the Steelers in the 2nd and 3rd round I have to come to grips with the fact that neither are going to be there at #56 and #88 respectively. So I want the one who will best serve this team sooner rather than later. This means I am going to have to make a sacrifice if I want one of them. This is what I want. Not necessarily what the Steelers will do. Here goes…

1 (024)---Donta Hightower ILB Alabama
    2 (041)*--Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
    3 XXX
    4 (119)---Derek Wolfe DT Cincinnati
    5 (159)---Hebron Fangupo NT BYU
    6 (193)---Coty Sensabaugh CB Clemson
    7 (231)---Miles Burris OLB San Diego State
    7 (240)---Chris Owusu WR Stanford
    7 (246)---Aaron Corp QB Richmond
    7 (24---Tony Dye SS UCLA

XXX—traded along with pick #56 to Buffalo for pick #41

I feel this gives the Steelers two starters/two impact players for next season (Hightower and Zeitler). Everyone wants O-line but the reality is there is probably only one spot open next season and that is at guard. Everything after the second pick I chose BPA regardless of position. But I did "consider" positions that are of "some" need to the Steelers. Aaron Corp has all the physical tools you want in a QB. He was highly recruited out of high school before he committed to USC. After the Trojans gave the position out right to Matt Barkley, Corp transferred to Richmond. Maybe the Steelers can catch lightening in a bottle, ala New England with what they got out of Matt Cassell? Who knows? But I for one am tired of seeing Charlie Batch as the back up to Ben, so if anything maybe they can groom this kid. He has a strong arm, good size, and has been under the QB umbrella of USC.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

No Kicker?

Hall of Famer
    Dude.. Epic Mock Draft.. that is BEAST!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Benchwarmer
    Love your mock draft. You are a well reasoned and a wise football mind. By the way DeeDub, what do you think of the chances of Kellen Moore turning out to be a solid QB at the next level? I'm a huge Boise fan and I am amazed at what he was able to accomplish in college. Any chance an undersized guy whom the scouts think has a weak arm can make it in the NFL. Myself, I believe he's got the best timing of any QB, I've ever seen and the smarts to be effective.

Hell, if I'd post that about only one spot for an OL 'in reality', I'd get crucified for it.....That's been my thought process for this draft too.. Every time I see these mock drafts with multiple OL in 3 of the first 4 rounds, or whatever, I just chuckle.....hehe
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    Love your mock draft. You are a well reasoned and a wise football mind. By the way DeeDub, what do you think of the chances of Kellen Moore turning out to be a solid QB at the next level? I'm a huge Boise fan and I am amazed at what he was able to accomplish in college. Any chance an undersized guy whom the scouts think has a weak arm can make it in the NFL. Myself, I believe he's got the best timing of any QB, I've ever seen and the smarts to be effective.
    Thanks Prower. Very nice of you. I love Kellen Moore. The guy is a winner. If Drew Brees at 6 ft tall can do what he does in the NFL why can't Kellen Moore? He just needs a chance but just as important he needs to get into the right offense for him. Like you said, timing. A quick, two or three step drop, get it out in a hurry, offense. Like a west coast or spread offense. Arm strength is good but having a cannon isnt necessary. We've seen guys with great arms but could hit water if they fell out of a boat.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Hell, if I'd post that about only one spot for an OL 'in reality', I'd get crucified for it.....That's been my thought process for this draft too.. Every time I see these mock drafts with multiple OL in 3 of the first 4 rounds, or whatever, I just chuckle.....hehe
    Agreed! The Steelers need one good offensive lineman this year. They have committed to at least 4 out of the 5 spots already for next year. This time next year, they probbly will need another one. But they should cross that bridge when they get to it.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

Legend
    For discussion sake, what if the Steelers don't have the same fixation on Hightower? Who do you pick #1?
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Ok I have to be realistic. Even though for months I’ve had Kevin Zeitler and Harrison Smith going to the Steelers in the 2nd and 3rd round I have to come to grips with the fact that neither are going to be there at #56 and #88 respectively. So I want the one who will best serve this team sooner rather than later. This means I am going to have to make a sacrifice if I want one of them. This is what I want. Not necessarily what the Steelers will do. Here goes…

1 (024)---Donta Hightower ILB Alabama
    2 (041)*--Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin
    3 XXX
    4 (119)---Derek Wolfe DT Cincinnati
    5 (159)---Hebron Fangupo NT BYU
    6 (193)---Coty Sensabaugh CB Clemson
    7 (231)---Miles Burris OLB San Diego State
    7 (240)---Chris Owusu WR Stanford
    7 (246)---Aaron Corp QB Richmond
    7 (24---Tony Dye SS UCLA

XXX—traded along with pick #56 to Buffalo for pick #41

I feel this gives the Steelers two starters/two impact players for next season (Hightower and Zeitler). Everyone wants O-line but the reality is there is probably only one spot open next season and that is at guard. Everything after the second pick I chose BPA regardless of position. But I did "consider" positions that are of "some" need to the Steelers. Aaron Corp has all the physical tools you want in a QB. He was highly recruited out of high school before he committed to USC. After the Trojans gave the position out right to Matt Barkley, Corp transferred to Richmond. Maybe the Steelers can catch lightening in a bottle, ala New England with what they got out of Matt Cassell? Who knows? But I for one am tired of seeing Charlie Batch as the back up to Ben, so if anything maybe they can groom this kid. He has a strong arm, good size, and has been under the QB umbrella of USC.

I would very much disagree that there is only one OL position open. Both Foster and Legursky are minimally acceptable. We have no idea what we are getting back in Colon. We have no idea if Gilbert can play LT. Taking only one more OL and yet adding two more DL just seems to be a little inverse logic. It is an offense first league now not defense.

Adding 6 players to the defense that supposedly is so consistent, well led and guaranteed Top 5 rankings but adding only 2 players to the 21st ranked offense doesn't make alot of sense. It does however clearly show the emotional preference we have in our DNA for defense growing up Steelers fans.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

I will be shocked if Wolfe gets out of the top 75 picks.
    Trade our 1/15 to SF for 1/30, 2/56, 4/129

1/30-Louis Nix-DT-ND
    2/46-Stephon Tuitt-DE-ND
    2/56-Jordan Mathews-WR-Vandy
    3/97-Phillip Gaines-CB-Rice
    4/118-Taylor Hart-DE-Oregon
    4/129-Lache Seastrunk-RB-Baylor
    5/157-Aaron Colvin-DB-Oklahoma
    5/173-Brandon Thomas-OL-Clemson
    6/192-Ka'Deem Carey-RB-Arizona
    6/215-Prince Shembo-OLB_Notre Dame
    7/230-Colt Lyerla-TE-Oregon