Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ovi's Sunshine Final

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I'm curious as to why you say this. Do you think Hightower will be gone by the time we get to him? Do you think the FO doesn't think much of him as a player or...?
    It was as he said, his opinion. Not the Steelers opinion. The Steelers made it known at the combine that they were very much interested in him and for a second time interviewed him last week.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersrock151 View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that the Pro-Hightower people tend to be very pro-Hightower, but with a dose of reality (if Glenn falls, or Keuchly, or Barron, they're more than ok with that as the pick). The anti-Hightower people are really, really anti-Hightower. They want a secodn or third round talent over him.
    Exactly. And I think I am probably the biggest pro-Hightower. But I understand that Keuchly and Glenn are higher rated players than him.

But I will let you in on a little secret. I dont feel that way about Barron. In the NFL he is going to have to play SS and he is no where near what Troy Polamalu is so how he is projected mid first round is beyond me.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    It was as he said, his opinion. Not the Steelers opinion. The Steelers made it known at the combine that they were very much interested in him and for a second time interviewed him last week.
    Speaking for myself, yes it is my opinion just like DD's opinion. I just think that they have bigger needs and they recognize that than adding yet another piece to probably the strongest, deepest and highest paid part of the team. Then there is always the issue of him not playing as a rookie although we have been assured that this would not be the case with Hightower.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersrock151 View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that the Pro-Hightower people tend to be very pro-Hightower, but with a dose of reality (if Glenn falls, or Keuchly, or Barron, they're more than ok with that as the pick). The anti-Hightower people are really, really anti-Hightower. They want a secodn or third round talent over him.
    I don't understand it either. Personally, I'm not particularly pro-Hightower or anti-Hightower. I like him but don't love him. Think he provides solid value at #24, but still hoping that another player that I have rated higher than that falls to us (or falls within reasonably range of a trade-up).

I prefer a top-rated o-lineman like DeCastro or Martin or Glenn, or a higher ranked ILB like Kuechly or the top-ranked safety in the draft like Barron to Hightower if we could somehow get one of them, but if not, I'd be much happier with Hightower at #24 than someone like Mike Adams (think he is a bad fit in several respects) or Kevin Zeitler (overdrafting a second round talent at #24; good teams take the BPA, they don't reach like this).