Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Ovi's Sunshine Final

  1. #11
    not a huge fan.

    thanks for the effort though.

  2. #12
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    not a huge fan.

    thanks for the effort though.



  3. #13
    Have to agree with DeeDub. I like Zietler, and if we can trade up in the second to get him I'm all for that, but he's not pick #24 value, or even close. Silotulu (maybe), Osemele and Brooks will be there in the second round. Most likely Chapman will be there in the third. If we need that taller receiver, Nick Toon, Marvbin McNutt, Juron Criner, Greg Childs, and Tommy Streeter will all be around at the start of the 4th, one or more will fall to us. We won't need Cole with Hightower in the first.

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersrock151 View Post
    Have to agree with DeeDub. I like Zietler, and if we can trade up in the second to get him I'm all for that, but he's not pick #24 value, or even close. Silotulu (maybe), Osemele and Brooks will be there in the second round. Most likely Chapman will be there in the third. If we need that taller receiver, Nick Toon, Marvbin McNutt, Juron Criner, Greg Childs, and Tommy Streeter will all be around at the start of the 4th, one or more will fall to us. We won't need Cole with Hightower in the first.
    We aren't taking Hightower in Round 1. Everyone needs to move past that. Just my opinion.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,779
    I like your picks but i am not sure if Steelers are high on Kevin Zietler especially after Kraig Ubrik episode.

    If Mike Adams and Hightower are there who would Steelers pick? OT/OG is more of a need whereas ILB is a luxury pick.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,458
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I like your picks but i am not sure if Steelers are high on Kevin Zietler especially after Kraig Ubrik episode.

    If Mike Adams and Hightower are there who would Steelers pick? OT/OG is more of a need whereas ILB is a luxury pick.
    I don't think the Steelers would avoid a player because of another player they previously had. Besides, the so called "Urbik episode" ended up with the Bills having a starting Guard they seem to be pleased with while we are still looking for two decent starting Guards.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler pfelix73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic US
    Posts
    2,328
    Well, you know my feelings on this, so I will only say that I appreciate your effort and time thinking up a mock.. Anyone who does them on here deserves credit for putting in the time required to research it. Personally, I don't have all that much time anymore, so I stay away from doing them. But I'm not sure why you think they don't like Hightower at 24. The only other player the Steelers (my opinion based on what I've heard and read) have above Hightower on their draft board is Glenn. Barron is even below Hightower on what I've been seeing....We'll all find out in a little over a week, then we can all critique what they did....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  8. #18
    IMO the Steelers are not afraid to make an "off the grid" kind of move. They will overdraft a player who they really want instead of falling back and hoping that he - or someone equivalent - is still available. They did this in '07 with Timmons. There were several LBs available who were considered similar prospects - Timmons, Beason, Poz, etc. There were other need position players available - Staley, Leon Hall, Aaron Ross, Grubbs, but I believe that they identified their man and did not risk losing him.

    If someone like Zeitler is their man this year then do not be surprised if they take him in a spot that others consider too high. I'm not saying that he is, but I would not knock this mock because of it. If the brass considers this guy to be the #3 OG and they want him they would not hesitate.

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    We aren't taking Hightower in Round 1. Everyone needs to move past that. Just my opinion.
    I'm curious as to why you say this. Do you think Hightower will be gone by the time we get to him? Do you think the FO doesn't think much of him as a player or...?

  10. #20
    One thing I've noticed is that the Pro-Hightower people tend to be very pro-Hightower, but with a dose of reality (if Glenn falls, or Keuchly, or Barron, they're more than ok with that as the pick). The anti-Hightower people are really, really anti-Hightower. They want a secodn or third round talent over him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •