Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ovi's Sunshine Final

Legend

Ovi's Sunshine Final

Early but I'm tired of looking at these guys this year.

1.24 Kevin Zeitler, OG Wisconsin- Ten year starter. Probably the closest thing to a sure thing we can get at #24. Puts either Legursky or Foster into the back up role where they belong.

2.56 Josh Chapman, NT Alabama- NT for the next decade. Coming off injury but can be special player

3.86 Brian Quick, WR, App State- Tall WR we have been looking for and insurance if things go bad with Wallace.

4.119 Audie Cole, LB, NC State-Tall and rangy ILB.

5.159 Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU- Probably needs some time but Kugler can make him good.

6.193 Keith Tandy, DB WVU- Can maybe replace Ryan Clark in the future.

7.231 Marcus Kuhn, DL NC State- Kiesel/Smith clone who fits physical profile Lebeau like for our DEs

7.240 Phillip Welch, K Wisconsin- Does anyone really believe we donít need a Kicker? Experience in weather like what we have in Pittsburgh.

7.246 Patrick Witt, QB, Yale- Someone needs to holds the clipboards. Development project.

7.248 Toney Clemons, WR Colorado- Project at WR given that Sanders, Brown and Wallace are either RFA or FA after 2012 season he gets a year to learn.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Hall of Famer
    Dude. Epic mock draft! That is BEAST!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

I like the mock. It hits the spots we need and it also includes a WVU player.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

I like any mock draft that addresses the trenches, and I'm coming around more on Zeitler as a potential first round pick (though I would prefer to trade back for him or move up aggressively in the second). I would probably substitute a RB in the third, but otherwise, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Early but I'm tired of looking at these guys this year.

1.24 Kevin Zeitler, OG Wisconsin- Ten year starter. Probably the closest thing to a sure thing we can get at #24. Puts either Legursky or Foster into the back up role where they belong.

2.56 Josh Chapman, NT Alabama- NT for the next decade. Coming off injury but can be special player

3.86 Brian Quick, WR, App State- Tall WR we have been looking for and insurance if things go bad with Wallace.

4.119 Audie Cole, LB, NC State-Tall and rangy ILB.

5.159 Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU- Probably needs some time but Kugler can make him good.

6.193 Keith Tandy, DB WVU- Can maybe replace Ryan Clark in the future.

7.231 Marcus Kuhn, DL NC State- Kiesel/Smith clone who fits physical profile Lebeau like for our DEs

7.240 Phillip Welch, K Wisconsin- Does anyone really believe we don’t need a Kicker? Experience in weather like what we have in Pittsburgh.

7.246 Patrick Witt, QB, Yale- Someone needs to holds the clipboards. Development project.

7.248 Toney Clemons, WR Colorado- Project at WR given that Sanders, Brown and Wallace are either RFA or FA after 2012 season he gets a year to learn.
    Sorry Ovi, I do not like this draft. You a reaching for Zeitler. Picking him at 24 when he should go 35-45 is a major reach and results in very little value for the Steelers. You get an F automatically from me for your draft on that alone. Then you gamble that Josh Chapman will ever come back from knee surgery (ACL, meniscus). I wouldnt mind that as long as you hit a home run with pick 1, but you clearly struck out on that one. Then you use a pick on a kicker? Yeah I know it is a 7th rounder but any pick on a kicker unless he is all-world (Sebastian Janikowski), is a waste of a pick. Give me a special teams contributor with that pick instead.

You are better than this.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

Pro Bowler
    Special teams are a major part of the game. Wins and losses come on the foot of a kicker. How is it not better to spend a later round draft choice on a guy who might win a game fro the Steelers than some practice squad fodder or dude that gets cut? Suisham was on the street for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Special teams are a major part of the game. Wins and losses come on the foot of a kicker. How is it not better to spend a later round draft choice on a guy who might win a game fro the Steelers than some practice squad fodder or dude that gets cut? Suisham was on the street for a reason.
    Agreed, but name me the last time a Steeler drafted kicker was on the roster?Or how often that happens in their history?

Plenty of kickers to be signed as free agents or un-drafted free agents. I would rather use that pick on a guy who can tackle on special teams and possibly be groomed at another position (corner back, LB, etc.).
    Steelers 2014 Draft

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/steelers

Twice the Steelers selected a K in the draft over the past 30 years. And not once in the past 12 drafts. Kris Brown and Cole Ford. Both 7th rounders. And again I would prefer to use that pick on someone else.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

Pro Bowler
    I like this, addresses needs and could very well be "BPA for US" when our time comes along.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinjim View Post
    I like this, addresses needs and could very well be "BPA for US" when our time comes along.
    Not even close. I love Zeitler and have him going to the Steelers in round two (Slight trade up), but he is probably the 40-45th BPA on the board. Picking him at 24 is wrong.
    Steelers 2014 Draft