Thread: RuthlessBurgher's 10-days-and-counting full first round mock draft (w/ no new trades)

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

RuthlessBurgher's 10-days-and-counting full first round mock draft (w/ no new trades)

1. Indianapolis Colts - QB Andrew Luck
    2. Washington Redskins (from St. Louis Rams) - Robert Griffin III
    3. Minnesota Vikings - OT Matt Kalil
    4. Cleveland Browns - RB Trent Richardson
    5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CB Morris Claiborne
    6. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins) - WR Justin Blackmon
    7. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Melvin Ingram
    8. Miami Dolphins - QB Ryan Tannehill
    9. Carolina Panthers - DT Fletcher Cox
    10. Buffalo Bills - OT Riley Reiff
    11. Kansas City Chiefs - OG David DeCastro
    12. Seattle Seahawks - ILB Luke Kuechly
    13. Arizona Cardinals - WR Michael Floyd
    14. Dallas Cowboys - DT Dontari Poe
    15. Philadelphia Eagles - DT Michael Brockers
    16. New York Jets - OLB Courtney Upshaw
    17. Cincinnati Bengals (from Oakland Raiders) - SS Mark Barron
    18. San Diego Chargers - OLB Whitney Mercilus
    19. Chicago Bears - DE Quinton Coples
    20. Tennessee Titans - OG Cordy Glenn
    21. Cincinnati Bengals - CB Dre Kirkpatrick
    22. Cleveland Browns (from Atlanta Falcons) - WR Kendall Wright
    23. Detroit Lions - CB Stephon Gilmore
    24. Pittsburgh Steelers - OT Jonathan Martin
    25. Denver Broncos - DT Devon Still
    26. Houston Texans - WR Stephen Hill
    27. New England Patriots (via New Orleans Saints) - OLB Nick Perry
    28. Green Bay Packers - OLB Shea McClellin
    29. Baltimore Ravens - ILB Dont'a Hightower
    30. San Francisco 49ers - TE Coby Fleener
    31. New England Patriots - DT Jerel Worthy
    32. New York Giants - OT Mike Adams

Hall of Famer
    Ruthless,

Nice Job!

Jonathan Martin seems to be one of the most polarizing figures in the draft. For a guy who is a model citizen that is not all that common. Some draft gurus like Thomas Cooper think he is the second best tackle in the draft and a much more natural left tackle prospect than Reiff who is a better run blocker but has shorter arms. Cooper believes Martin makes everything look easier than it is and he is a very natural player. Other folks are beginning to talk about Martin as a second or third round talent who has big holes in his game and does not have enough strength and toughness to succeed at the pro level. I believe that this is the sort of player that can make huge strides in the weight room and Kugler can iron out his technique issues. I think he has very good athleticism and is a very smart and athletic tackle. I'd be quite pleased with the pick. The Bengals take Kirkpatrick and Barron. Ouch! Fleener reunites with Harbaugh, Eagles take a prospect based on potential...Floyd and Fitzgerald wow - now that is a red zone threat and run blocking duo...Upshaw to the Jets is about right...Stephen Hill and Andre Johnson!...Nick Perry is a perfect fit in New England with their need for pass rushers and their hybrid D. Well done.

I do have one criticism and it is a minor one. So minor in fact that it has nothing to do with the body of your post. It has to do with the mock in your signature. I was wondering if you could do me a favor and take Blake Gideon off and replace him. I watched several Longhorns games the last few years. And he was an abysmal FS on a terrible defense. He hits hard and would be a good special teamer, but he gives up so many big plays that I don't know if I could bear to see him in the black & gold (even as a reserve). He makes me cringe. As Barkley would say, "he's turrible." I know this seems silly, but I don't want his name anywhere near talk of the Steelers and the draft. Of course, I won't really be upset if you do not change your mock. But, I'd feel better if you did.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.