Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PlanetSteelers 2012 Board Mock Draft Commentary Thread

Legend

User Info Menu

PlanetSteelers 2012 Board Mock Draft Commentary Thread

Feel free trash talk each other, praise solid picks, make fun of crappy picks (within reason, of course...be respectful in your mocking of this mock draft). You can suggest trades to each other via PM, but you can make public that a certain pick is on the trade block on this thread if you'd like. Enjoy...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whoops...151...I posted your pick for the Eagles (based on your PM) right after you posted it yourself. Your post wasn't there when I started making mine...guess you snuck it in there while I was adding funny pictures of Andy Reid. At least the picks are consistent, though, eh?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Boy o boy, David DeCastro sure is gonna look good on any team not run by Ruthless!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Boy o boy, David DeCastro sure is gonna look good on any team not run by Ruthless!
    First they prevent us from pairing up the Pouncey twins last year, and now they take DeCastro from us too??? I'm ready to start rooting for these Dolphins to get caught in tuna nets.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Its ok, Ruthless, you have much prettier graphics than I do.

Rookie

User Info Menu

A few thoughts on the picks thus far:
    David DeCastro will be a great guard in the NFL. While I'm not sure that's the greatest positional value (especially at 8th overall), he might be the safest bet in the draft (even moreso than his college teammate Andrew Luck)
    Dontari Poe is kind of a boom or bust selection. His tape isn't great, but guys with his skills are a VERY rare breed. I can also understand why the Chiefs would select him. They need a nose tackle.
    Not sure I quite understand Seattle taking Ryan Tannehill. They signed Matt Flynn as a free agent, and I'm assuming they did so with the idea that he'd be their starter. I guess if he doesn't work out in the next couple of years, Tannehill would be waiting in the wings. So I can understand it in that sense, but I may have gone with Kuechly instead.
    Then Dallas' pick of Quinton Coples is one I don't particularly love. Based on pure potential/body type, he's a top 5-10 talent. However, this guy has admitted on TV to not giving his best effort during his senior season at UNC. Makes me wonder what he'll do with a guaranteed contract. Steal if he's motivated, but I could just as easily see him being a big time bust.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Also, pick #18 (Chargers) is very available.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pouncey53Fan View Post
    Also, pick #18 (Chargers) is very available.
    I sent you a PM about that Charger pick yesterday. Did you get it?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I sent you a PM about that Charger pick yesterday. Did you get it?
    Yes. I tried sending a reply back, but it said you had a high volume of messages in your inbox and wouldn't allow me to send the reply.
    That trade is one I would accept.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Pick #21, Bengals, is available.