Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: PlanetSteelers 2012 Board Mock Draft Official Selection Thread

Legend

User Info Menu

The Atlanta Falcons, without a 1st round pick, selected Clemson TE Dwayne Allen as the heir apparent to the 36 year old Tony Gonzalez. They resigned starting center Todd McClure this offseason, but he is 35 years old himself, so he could use an heir apparent as well. The #2 ranked center is a local kid from Georgia.

The Atlanta Falcons select Georgia C Ben Jones.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-25-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Lions took CB Dre Kirkpatrick in round 1 and DE Vinny Curry in round 2. Now they need to focus on their offense, in partcular, the offensive line. They saw the Falcons one pick ago take a local center to be the future replacement for an aging veteran. Well, Detroit's center is currently 33 years old (will turn 34 near the end of the regular season), and there is also a local center prospect available to them in Michigan's David Molk. However, Molk has been dealing with some injury issues, which allowed him to be passed over in the center ranks by the rising Philip Blake from Baylor.

The Detroit Lions select Baylor C Philip Blake.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-25-2012 at 11:27 AM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

The Philadelphia Eagles, finding no interior linemen of value at this position, continue the massive overhaul of thier defense by selecting George Iloka, SS, Boise State.
    My apologies to those I jumped over, but I only have 1 minute until my draft time is over.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The San Diego Chargers want to continue upgrading on defense. We see a guy that reminds us very much of a guy who has been an unheralded yet strong contributor in Pittsburgh for many years in Brett Keisel. He may be listed as a defensive tackle, but he is a perfect fit as a 5-technique in San Diego's 3-4 defense. The San Diego Chargers select Derek Wolfe, DE/DT, Cincinnati.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersrock151 View Post
    The Philadelphia Eagles, finding no interior linemen of value at this position, continue the massive overhaul of thier defense by selecting George Iloka, SS, Boise State.
    My apologies to those I jumped over, but I only have 1 minute until my draft time is over.
    It's fine. The Chargers slept in an hour later than they should have lol
    Still got who I actually wanted for the Chargers with that pick though, so I'm not complaining.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Saints traded their first round pick to get Mark Ingram last year, and lost their second round pick in BountyGate, so this will be their first pick in this draft. They lost CB's Tracy Porter and Leigh Torrence to the Broncos and Redskins, respectively. They could use more depth at corner behind starters Jabari Greer and Patrick Robinson. Looks like another local boy is on the board.

The New Orleans Saints select Louisiana-LaFayette CB Dwight Bentley.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-25-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll pick for pfelix here so we can keep moving.

The Denver Broncos select Michigan DT Mike Martin.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-25-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

In an attempt to replace Jonathon Fanene and gain some depth on the defensive line, the Cincinnati Bengals select Billy winn, DL, Boise State.
    Last edited by Steelersrock151; 04-25-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: stupid

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I would like to give them the worst possible player in the draft, well just because .... However, I see fit to give them a new TE, LaDarius Green

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow, Ruthless. Thanks.. Got on here late today.... That is who I was gonna pick...Thanks...

Mike Martin..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion