Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: PlanetSteelers 2012 Board Mock Draft Official Selection Thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Indy got their franchise QB of the future in Andrew Luck, but now they have to work on rebuilding the rest of the roster that has been stripped virtually bare. Their roster is so thin all over that they can afford to take the best available player essentially anywhere and it would be a significant upgrade. There is a cornerback still available who would be considered to be an early first round talent if not for some off-the-field indiscretions. Well, Indy's new head coach is Chuck Pagano, who was the defensive coordinator in Baltimore last season. What did Pagano's team do in the draft last year? They drafted a talented cornerback who whould have been considered to be an early first round pick if not for some off-the-field indiscretions (Jimmy Smith). And, frankly, look at the corners currently on the Colts roster: Jerraud Powers, Kevin Thomas, Brandon King, Chris Rucker, Terrence Johnson, and Mike Holmes. Which of those guys is going to cover Andre Johnson twice a year? None of them.

The Indianapolis Colts select North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-19-2012 at 11:58 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Vikings filled their biggest need in the first round by selecting LT Ryan Kalil. They need a legit wideout opposite Percy Harvin, and if someone like Alshon Jeffery were still available, I probably would have pulled the trigger here, but he's not. They could take a Rueben Randle instead, but WR is a relatively deep position in this draft, and they should be able to wait another round or two and still get a solid prospect. They also could use a legit DT to place next to Kevin Williams to fill the hole left without Pat Williams. There are still a few intriguing DT's on the board who would look good in Viking purple, but once again, the DT crop is relatively deep this year, so they should still be able to unearth a solid DT to plug the middle in the next round or two. Once place where they could sorely use an upgrade where there will not be solid depth in upcoming rounds is at safety. They safeties currently on their roster are guys named Jamarca Sanford, Mistral Raymond, Eric Frampton, and Andrew Sendejo. And in this draft, there is a big dropoff after the first two safeties, so they decide to make a move now.

The Vikings select Notre Dame SS Harrison Smith.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-20-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Buccaneer LB play was abominable last year, so they look to rebuild the corp and address a defense that fell apart down the stretch with a second premium pick in a row.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers select

OLB Zach Brown
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Jaguars are on the clock and would like to select

Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin

Gotta keep supporting that running game and hopefully get Blaine Gabbert some time to throw the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's getting tougher to squeeze in all the picks on time now that have only half-hour windows in rounds 2 & 3 instead of a full hour in round 1. I mentioned in the rules that if you miss your time slot and have not sent me possible picks via PM, then up to two teams can leapfrog you, and then I will be forced to make a pick for you. The Jaguars have already leapfrogged Cleveland, and now the Rams will do so as well (before I ultimately make the Browns pick for them).

The Rams upgraded at wideout and defensive tackle so far by adding Justin Blackmon and Michael Brockers. They could address the o-line or the secondary now, but they could really use really use some help at OLB (they replaced Chris Chamberlain with Jo-Lonn Dunbar on the roster, but that's not the answer).

The St. Louis Rams select Nebraska OLB Lavonte David.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-20-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Cleveland Browns did an nice job upgrading their offensive weapons in round 1 by adding RB Trent Richardson and WR Kendall Wright. The only problem is that they aren't going to challenge for a division title with Colt McCoy at QB when the other QB's in the division are Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, and Andy Dalton. There is still a quarterback left on the board who is significantly better than McCoy, and is probably in the Dalton-Flacco range, talent-wise. The only problem is that he is already in his late 20's...if this guy was 22, he'd likely be drafted in the early 1st round ahead of Tannehill. Last year, Cincy improved greatly by adding a first round WR and then a QB in the early second. This year, Cleveland hopes to improve greatly by adding a first round RB and WR and then a QB in the early second.

The Cleveland Browns select Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Carolina will take DT Jerel Worthy from Michigan State

Legend

User Info Menu

The Bills could really use a wideout opposite of Stevie Johnson (Donald Jones, David Nelson, Naaman Roosevelt, oh my!). They might have considered WR with their first pick, but Blackmon and Floyd were already off the board, so they filled their other major need at OT with Riley Reiff instead.

The Buffalo Bills select LSU WR Rueben Randle.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-20-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Dolphins, finally, will get a new quarterback. Party in the city where the heat is on, all night on the beach til the break of dawn
    Welcome to Miami, Kirk Cousins!

6'3 214 lb QB from Michigan State

Legend

User Info Menu

Seattle could use some help on defense. It looked like they would target a linebacker early, since David Hawthorne, Leroy Hill, and Matt McCoy were all free agents. Although they lost Hawthorne to the Saints, they replaced him with Barrett Ruud and were able to re-sign Hill and McCoy as well. They could use an upgrade on the d-line, to get more of a push up front on D. There are still a couple of excellent DL prospects available like USC DE Nick Perry and PSU DT Devon Still...which should we choose? Well, they already added DT Jason Jones in free agency and haven't brought in any new DE's...add in the fact that Seattle head coach Pete Carroll recruited Perry to USC once upon a time and the choice is clear.

The Seattle Seahawks select USC DE Nick Perry.
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 04-20-2012 at 02:19 PM.