Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Blue North 3 round mock has Steelers going all offense

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Now Charlie Campbell from Walterfootball.com has given us the exact same 3 guys as GBN in the first 3 rounds, plus a CB and NT in 4 & 5.

1.24 OT Jonathan Martin
    2.56 OG Amini Silatolu
    3.86 RB Isaiah Pead

4.119 CB Chase Minnifield
    5.159 NT Akiem Hicks

Me likey. Me likey a lot.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012charlie.php
    I could also live with that. It past due helping the OL be something other than a collection of "blue light specials"
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Take out Martin and add Hightower in that 24 spot. Then that list would make sense and would be a good draft.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Now Charlie Campbell from Walterfootball.com has given us the exact same 3 guys as GBN in the first 3 rounds, plus a CB and NT in 4 & 5.

1.24 OT Jonathan Martin
    2.56 OG Amini Silatolu
    3.86 RB Isaiah Pead

4.119 CB Chase Minnifield
    5.159 NT Akiem Hicks

Me likey. Me likey a lot.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012charlie.php
    I would be very happy with that draft!

IMO, it would be hard for the FO to screw up this draft (at least at the top). There are a lot of different directions we could go and it would make sense. I would be surprised though if they didn't address the middle of the D in the first three rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    IMO, it would be hard for the FO to screw up this draft (at least at the top). There are a lot of different directions we could go and it would make sense. I would be surprised though if they didn't address the middle of the D in the first three rounds.

I would be very surprised if we didn't draft either an ILB or a NT in our first three selections.

1 Dont'a Hightower ILB Alabama
    2 Brandon Brooks OG/OT Miami, Ohio
    3 Isaiah Pead RB Cincinnati
    4 Trenton Robinson FS Mich St
    Hebron Fangupo NT BYU
    Kellen Moore QB Boise St
    7a Cody Johnson FB Texas
    7b Randy Bullock K Texas A&M
    7c Toney Clemons WR Colorado
    7d
    Jeremy Jones CB/S Wayne St

Good solid draft there- probably the best one I've seen yet on here. You hit all the areas of need and you don't repeat yourself with players practically at the same position... I might do something different in rounds 2 and 3. If Lamar Miller is there in round 2, I'd look at him, then look for a OG/C in rounds 3 or 4. Maybe a move up early in round 3 if a Silatulo is still on the board or maybe even consider the C from Ohio St somewhere in the round 4 range. He has considerable playing time as a college C. You have a QB in there and a K. Good draft, Hawaiian. Oh, and something I haven't seen in a while- a freaking FB! yay!
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Take out Martin and add Hightower in that 24 spot. Then that list would make sense and would be a good draft.
    As we get closer I get a stronger feeling it won't be Hightower. I wouldn't at all be surprised that if they stay on the defensive side of the ball (which they shouldn't) we take Hightower's teammate Mark Barron ahead of him.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    As we get closer I get a stronger feeling it won't be Hightower. I wouldn't at all be surprised that if they stay on the defensive side of the ball (which they shouldn't) we take Hightower's teammate Mark Barron ahead of him.
    Well, the D needs to get younger. Either Barron or Hightower would be welcomed additions to me. Of course it would be funny to have two guys named Barron on the team- one with the first name and one with the last.

Barron would be a good pick there at 24, I just don't think he'll be there then. Some mocks have him going in the teens.
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Barron would be a good pick there at 24, I just don't think he'll be there then. Some mocks have him going in the teens.
    I'd take Barron over Hightower at #24, but I don't see any way that Barron falls to us at this point. The only way he would have been available is if his sports hernia issue prevented him from working out for teams prior to the draft (a la Heath Miller in his draft year). But since Barron has been able to work out, and has looked pretty good, so someone in the teens is likely to nab him (possibly Cincy, if he gets by Dallas and the Jets).

I really don't like the Zeitler to #24 reach projections. Yes, we need interior OL, but if we can't move up to get someone with a first-round grade like DeCastro or Glenn, then take the best player at #24 and wait to get someone like Silatolu or Brooks later. Bad teams reach for need in round one...we take the best player, and that won't be Zeitler. If David DeCastro is Torry Holt and Cordy Glenn is David Boston, then Kevin Zeitler is Troy Edwards.